Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default chronic fatigue syndrome

Has anyone else suffered with this?

My doctor has made a referral but it's a 6-8 month waiting list. I've been suffering for 8-12 months with this. It's difficult to pinpoint exactly when my symptoms started though.

The doctor couldn't recommend anything apart from antidepressants to help the symptoms. I really dont want to go down that route as I don't feel depressed. So I've got to just put up with it until I can get an appointment at the clinic.

Can anyone recommend any alternative therapies I could try? The fatigue is really starting to affect my day to day life now

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i don't know much about it hon but I do know there are natural ways to help relieve similar kinds of things. have a read of the naturalnews website. sounds bonkers but exercise particularly helps relieve depression so if your fatigue is linked to depression that might help - because it releases adrenalin and natural seratonins.

Also, this website gives you lists of foods to boost your immune system and energy. I've been having a rough time recently and I've been taking a combi natural remedy containing 5HTP which again works on releasing natural chemicals.

have a read of their website and search your conditions. Always better to try natural first, especially if you are reluctant to go on antidepressants.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you i'll have a look.

The doctor has told me to only to very minimal exercise as I had been doing lots of walking but that was increasing the tiredness. He has basically told me the only exercise I should be doing at the moment is the school run unless I am able to take a nap afterwards.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

That depends on the cause of the tiredness I suppose honey. I would do some reserach yourself on what causes CFS. I don't see how if you have no energy - anti-depressants will help and if the Depression is the cause of tiredness, then exercise def. would help.

Let me know how you get on with lookign it up

x

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am currently attending a yoga for people suffering from this and similar conditions. If there's not a group near you maybe you could google it. A lot of deep relaxation exercises.
    'It's never too late to have a happy childhood' ( Tom Robinson)

Post Thanks / Like

I assume you have had blood tests to check for anaemia? I have the same symptoms... Bloods came back low, so was given iron tablets. Felt a bit better taking them but then the course stopped and I'm back to feeling tired all the time again. Bloods came back ok after the tablets so I'm stumped as to what to do. Herbal I think I'll try. It really gets you down though!... Hope you get a solution soon Hun x

Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeh i've had bloods done. They originally thought it was an under active thyroid but my results for that came back perfect too.

I've been backwards and forwards for the last 8 months and they've decided this is what's wrong.

We've decided to use our savings to go private. I can't wait 8months+ to even get a consultation with the clinic. It's less than a months wait if we go private.

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

I may be way off here, but a friend has to have a a vitamin injection, think it's one of the b's, maybe 12?? Not sure, but she days she can "feel her battery getting flat when she's due the next shot"!!

Hope you find a solution soon, and would second the natural route, can you see a nutritionist and or homeopath?

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MessybutHappy View Post
    I may be way off here, but a friend has to have a a vitamin injection, think it's one of the b's, maybe 12?? Not sure, but she days she can "feel her battery getting flat when she's due the next shot"!!

Hope you find a solution soon, and would second the natural route, can you see a nutritionist and or homeopath?
    i have a friend with that too Messy - B6 or B12 I think. you are right she gets really run down before she's due her next shot.

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

If you don't want to take supplemented iron you can eat dried fruits every day. Three dried apricots daily, gives you a lot of iron.
    I chop up these on my cereal each day with a spoon of sesame seeds and sunflower seeds and have really felt the difference. I am prone to anaemia too
    'It's never too late to have a happy childhood' ( Tom Robinson)