Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: New puppy

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New puppy

We lost our young dog to cancer last summer and although we currently have my mums dog staying with us I still wanted to get another dog of my own. Me and oh had a huge row a couple of weeks ago because he doesn't want another dog. I told him I have had dogs all my life and not to make me choose between him or a dog because the dog would win . Anyway been looking for a while for a suitable dog and yesterday saw an advert for puppies locally, cross between a Labrador and a boxer. Spent all day today thinking about them and then seeing as oh was working late I called the number when I finished work tonight and went straight round there with ds to have a look. Of course I said I would have one lol so paid the deposit and we will pick him up on 13th of April. Ds is very excited and has already named him Max. Haven't told oh yet, I feel singledom coming on, oh dear
    Can't wait to bring my new little boy home though
    xxxx

2. Likes Roseolivia liked this post
    sept 90
    Post Thanks / Like

I am sure he will come round! funny really, I saw one of these dogs yesterday in the park! his face was like a boxer all black! handsome looking dog called Jasper!

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's wonderful that you are such a passionate caring dog owner!!!
    Dogs are very special & I can imagine how lost you feel without one.
    I'm sure your oh will come round as soon as he sees the puppy's cute little face
    Fancy him trying to put his foot down - he should know by now that we always get our own way hehehe

Congratulations anyway - you will have to share a photo of him when he's home xxxx

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you both.
    AmyLouise you are right he should know me by now, we've been together 9yrs and I had a dog when we met so he should know how crazy I am about dogs.

Anyway I told him this morning, he was fine actually, I think he knew it was inevitable really. I told him I am prepared to compromise on a lot of things but not this. He's even offered to sort the fence out that separates the childrens part of the garden from the dogs part as this puppy is so small at the moment that he would be able to get underneath. He also asked me if I wanted another cat, I said no not really so he told me that he does so I've said he can have one if he likes

All is peaceful in the house at the moment

xxx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AliceK View Post
    Thank you both. AmyLouise you are right he should know me by now, we've been together 9yrs and I had a dog when we met so he should know how crazy I am about dogs. Anyway I told him this morning, he was fine actually, I think he knew it was inevitable really. I told him I am prepared to compromise on a lot of things but not this. He's even offered to sort the fence out that separates the childrens part of the garden from the dogs part as this puppy is so small at the moment that he would be able to get underneath. He also asked me if I wanted another cat, I said no not really so he told me that he does so I've said he can have one if he likes All is peaceful in the house at the moment xxx
    Aww that's great!!
    Maybe he was just having a 'moody bum' moment xx

How exciting for you all!!
    Keep us posted xx

7. Likes AliceK liked this post