any breast feeding mums help with weaning
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default any breast feeding mums help with weaning

My little girl is nearly 15months and will only go to sleep at nap time and bed time by being breast feed.
    Ive suddenly started to get an adversion to feeding to the point where I hate it. I feel so angry and upset when feeding her and just want her off. The guilts been getting to me but ive been doing some research and found it can be a normal thing around this age.
    But any way I feel ready to wean her. She wont have milk in a bottle or a beaker and if my husband trys to put her to sleep or goes in to her in the night she will scream to the point where shes almost sick.
    Has anyone got any advise on how you weaned them off?

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sorry to hear you're feeling like this. Must be really hard when you want to stop but your daughter is so determined. I don't have any specific advice but I did find that The No Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley had some good ideas for gently weaning children off sleeping props when I was struggling with getting my DD to sleep when she was little. I'm sure others will have more specific advice, just didn't want to read and run.

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

My little boy is 16 months and still wants breast milk and as it's only a good night thing or when he's poorly I don't mind.

He has never had a bottle or feeder as he hated them instead he uses the tomy mamma straw cups has done since 8 months now he will when thirsty drink from a normal cup. (If not it goes every where) he will also happily use a normal straw has been so helpful when we go out.

During the day to stop him I have distraction and tell him my bobbies are empty this upset him for a week but now he's not bothered.

Have also taught him that he only gets fed when I'm sitting in a certain place so he know when I sit in the blue chair he gets milk.

Hope that helps

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm not a big fan of dummies, but my DD had started using me as one during the weaning stage which was incredibly draining, (and yes I resented it too - you aren't alone) so for night sleeps only, I did cave in and give her one, which did work to wean her off me at night - she'd already dumped me during the day so it was definitely a comfort thing.
    She would nap during the day without anything, so after 6 months, she no longer had the dummy at night.

My DS on the other hand was a thumb sucker till he was 5 and that was a much harder habit to break