Where's the best place you've been on holiday abroad?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone
    I've told dh if the holiday isn't booked this weekend then I am taking charge and will be spending the money however I want!
    A weeks holiday cottage in the lake district and stuff for the garden!
    He's spent today looking on the internet and is going to the travel agents in the morning.
    I'm too busy and have other things to be stressing over

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsh3103 View Post
    Thanks everyone I've told dh if the holiday isn't booked this weekend then I am taking charge and will be spending the money however I want! A weeks holiday cottage in the lake district and stuff for the garden! He's spent today looking on the internet and is going to the travel agents in the morning. I'm too busy and have other things to be stressing over
    Have you ever considered a cruise? A med cruise is just incredible...never been with children though xx

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

France is our family's favourite holiday: a self catering gite is really cheap ( booked this summer - a month for £800 )much cheaper than a caravan in the UK. You can take what you like in the car..
    We love french supermarkets / markets and cooking so love how cheap you can eat and the sheer delight of shopping..not everyones cup of tea..but in France you feel like you are abroad, the weather, depending on where you choose is hot / ok, the wine is really cheap, the daily routine is slow...long lunches....
    We loved being with our children and you can always find wonderful beaches, rock pools, sand castle sand, in land:walks and lovely gite gardens ..a bit like home from home...relaxing...plus you always get chance to practise your French, my boys are fluent now because of the months they have spent on holiday there...
    Not guaranteed hot unless you go south... But my irish freckles appreciate warm over hot!

Thoroughly recommend 'chez nous' to book.
    We don't spend loads on annual holiday, then can afford lots of weekends away too.

4. Likes Roseolivia liked this post
    sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

My favourite place is Cyprus been there about 5 times now mostly when I was a kid but want to go there on honeymoon maybe.

But absolutely loved our holiday in ibiza last year in sirenis aura hotel. Was amazing for kids, best all inclusive food I've seen and the entertainment staff were great, my daughter loved thomson the dog and it had a waterpark attached. Would Definately go back.

Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

We're going to playa la arena in tenerife!

We spent 2hrs in the travel agents today haha. Poor woman deserves a medal for putting up with us for that long.

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsh3103 View Post
    We're going to playa la arena in tenerife!

We spent 2hrs in the travel agents today haha. Poor woman deserves a medal for putting up with us for that long.
    enjoy

jun 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We went to Crete last year for the first time and loved it (accommodation not so but that's another story...). It was hot (August) without being unbearable as there was a constant breeze. it also the only place we've been where DD didn't get heat rash & that has always made the first week of out hols hard with lack of sleep as she gets soo itchy she can't sleep. The public transport bus system is very good (by european standards) & there are loads of things for kids (Nat history museum, cretaquarium, star beach waterpark) if you want a break from the pool/beach. We stayed near Heraklion. We've booked to go again this year to another part of the island & it'll be the first time we've ever gone to the same place & we've got about a lot over the years!!

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We did EuroCamp in France for many years when the kids were little, you can choose a couple of different locations and if you want to drive further down into France you can stop off at a Eurocamp site for just one night. We started off staying in the tents - you have separate bedroom pods, a hob & grill and a fridge and a water tap outside. We stayed near Euro Disney a couple of times and went into Paris on the train too. Then when my bladder couldn't cope with going through the night we upgraded to a caravan!

My kids are grown up now but we all have fond memories of Eurocamp holidays - taking the washing up to the communal area, the kids clubs & animation teams, hiring bicycles - staying in grounds of fantastic chateauxs, going over on the ferry or channel tunnel.

We did also go to Florida when kids were older, Fuerteventura was great (we got extra week there free - due to ash cloud), best couple holiday so far was 5 years ago to Peru for our 25th anniversary, was supposed to be a "holiday of a lifetime" but we are off to Thailand in 3 weeks time for another one for our 30th anniversary!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12