Hi im new to this. Advice much appreicated
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi im new to this. Advice much appreicated

Hi there. My friend and I are considering opening a small childminding business from home. Rather than doing it in the house we are considering a portocabin/prefabricated outhouse on my farm land just next to the house. Obviously we would make it lovely a child friendly building. Would this be allowed by ofsted or whomever it is to be and who would I contact for help/approval.

We would also need to set up as childminders as we haven't done it before! We are both level 3 childcare practitioners. It's something we would love to do but as first timers don't seem to understand it fully. Google isn't helping!

Thanks in advance x

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi and welcome

Have a look at this thread which will point you in the right direction. You will both need to do a local authority approved course before you start despite any other qualifications you may have

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/fo...ildminder.html

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Would this not be classed as childcare on non-domestic premises seeing as you wont actually be providing care in your own home??
    I'm sure someone will be along soon to say.

xxx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AliceK View Post
    Would this not be classed as childcare on non-domestic premises seeing as you wont actually be providing care in your own home?? I'm sure someone will be along soon to say. xxx
    yes I did think this as I have been researching! Thanks for your responses guys :-)

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AliceK View Post
    Would this not be classed as childcare on non-domestic premises seeing as you wont actually be providing care in your own home??
    I'm sure someone will be along soon to say.

xxx
    I think you might be right.

Here is the Ofsted factsheet about childcare on domestic premises

Ofsted | Factsheet: childcare - Childcare on domestic premises

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you.

I'm slowly coming to grips and understanding it all a little more. There is a lot to it isn't there! Does everyone love there childminding business then?
    I don't know any childminders personally so would love some feedback.

Also I apologise for the spelling mistake in my header. Advice much appreciated :-) :-)

Thanks again

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Can't say I love the business side of things (paperwork, accounts etc.) but I do love the LOs and getting to play with them, see them develop and I also love having an excuse to buy toys!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sing-low View Post
    Can't say I love the business side of things (paperwork, accounts etc.) but I do love the LOs and getting to play with them, see them develop and I also love having an excuse to buy toys!
    Awww yes they are amazing little creations - children! I can't wait to get stuck in.