Steam Generator Iron question
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Steam Generator Iron question

Hi
    I was wondering if any of you lovely ladies/gents who have experience of steam generator irons could help me please?

I bought a Morphy Richards one just after Christmas 2013. There are 6 adults in my family so obviously I have quite a lot of ironing, hence purchasing the SGI. However I have had to descale it 3 times so far, tho nothing much comes out! It's just inconvenient when the descale light comes on just after I have started

As I've never had one before, do any of you who use one know if this is normal?

Thanks

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have had steam generators forever, we used to buy them in Europe before they became available and affordable in the UK because we liked them so much!
    Even at peak family time we didn't have to descale that often, but I think it is linked to the hardness of your water.
    My most recent one was a Bosch, which played up at first and my DH ( he actually does the ironing and is the Steam generator expert) rang their customer services , they suggested things and they sent us another when we said we had already done what they suggested.
    Has Morphy Richards got a customer helpline/services?

July 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one, don't use it much now as I didn't find it was that much better than a 'normal' iron, plus it's a bit of a faff to get it out. Didn't descaling as much as yours
    FF

Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

I think there might be a fault with your iron - I would take it back to the store.

I love steam generator iron, i've had a few and do LOADS AND LOADS of ironing, and descale when I feel like it and regularly - generally 6 - 8 weeks and stuff comes out, quite a bit but the descaler warning has not come on so I think for it to come on it needs to have quite a bit of build up and if nothing is coming out and you have descaled so many times in such a short period, I think there may be a problem with the scensorand as they are so expensive and yours is relatively new I would want it replacing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all! I have emailed Morphy Richards and also asked the question on the Q&A section on Argos, as that's where I bought it from, so will wait and see if I get a reply from them!

I did take out the extra insurance too, so may take it back anyway and change it for another!