Thinking of getting a Kindle.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

You can also borrow books on your kindle if you are an amazon prime customer! well worth it just for that! I don't think I've paid for a book on my kindle yet! I either stick to the free downloads or borrow them!
    If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm on my second kindle (dropped the first one) and love the ease of picking a book and it being there almost instantly - I usually get the free books but belong to a book club and pay for those (but we pick cheap ones )

Jun 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddleywinks View Post
    I bought a kindle fire HD for my DS, which he accidentally dropped and the screen smashed - I contacted Amazon to find out where I could go to pay for it's repair - Nowhere! They don't have repairers, and if I had an unauthorised repair, it invalidated the warranty. So how do I get an authorised repair done? You don't, we don't authorise repairs, but they would happily sell me a replacement at £40 less than the original cost! When spending £160 on an electrical item, you'd hope you could get it repaired officially!
    I sat on mine and damaged the screen, and they replaced it for free. I had the replacement next day and had a couple of weeks to get the damaged one back to them.

In your position I would have just invalidated the warranty. A warranty on a broken item is worth nothing anyway.
    Apologies for the random full stops. Phone buttons too small, thumbs too big.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I never thought I would get on with a kindle as I really do love the feel of a real book, but I got one in November as a gift and I love it!! There is a thread on MSE forums which has a running list of very cheap and free books to download.

June86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks loocyloo I'm going to try at weekend.

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    sept 90
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wee_elf View Post
    I never thought I would get on with a kindle as I really do love the feel of a real book, but I got one in November as a gift and I love it!! There is a thread on MSE forums which has a running list of very cheap and free books to download.
    Got one! same as you like real books but must admit I like it!! was is MSE forums?

8. Likes VeggieSausage liked this post
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah MSE, I can't remember which section but if you search it should come up. I got the new Jodi Picoult one for 70p the other week x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12