Headache & Meditation
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Headache & Meditation

Hiya~~ I've just post another article on my website so want to share it here if anyone would find it helpful

After all the festive celebrations, my migraine kicked in again. I believe many of you have migraine or headache and sometimes it’s so irritating that even medicine couldn’t help. Though I am always a meditator, I never thought of using meditation to ease my migraine until one or two years ago. Since I realized meditation works on migraine, I’ve been doing this when I felt that the migraine is going to kick in. Even NHS suggested relaxation exercise is good for easing headache (Seven relaxation tips to help headaches - Live Well - NHS Choices)

I usually start with a breathing exercise then a visualization/imagery exercise. Every time when I breathe in, I imagine I’m breathing in a healing light ray, then I hold my breath, let the light ray get to where I feel pain. When I breathe out, I imagine the pain as black cloud which leaves my body with my breath, and I repeat this until I feel better.

The whole exercise lasts about 15 – 30 minutes, depends on how serious was my headache. It doesn’t cure my migraine but works better than the Ibuprofen on me. Hope this may help some of you too!

Happy New Year!

p.s. If you like my article, please support me by 'like' my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bloss...11324245653926
    Thank you so much!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for this have a headache tonight so gonna try it x

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murphf View Post
    Thanks for this have a headache tonight so gonna try it x
    I wanted to tick 'like' as you are going to try but then I thought I shouldn't 'like' because you have a headache lol
    Thanks for reading! I hope you feel better very soon. Have a good night.

Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I feel better already after reading your technique and I didn't even have a headache

5. Likes TY628 liked this post
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
    Well I feel better already after reading your technique and I didn't even have a headache
    Thank you for your comment! I'll try my best to share more (but I'm a bit lazy about blogging heehee)