Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default childcare.co.uk :)

I've just had an email to say someone viewed my profile but couldn't contact me because I'm not a gold member....Is this a new thing?
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes - if you're a gold member, parents can now initiate contact with you even if they only have free membership.

Post Thanks / Like

We recently introduced some new benefits for both gold members and free members.

Free members can now initiate contact with gold members. You can read more here:

https://www.childcare.co.uk/news/new-member-features
    Childcare.co.uk
    The UK's largest childcare website
    www.childcare.co.uk

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

oooh sounds good

Off to read, thanks

I would renew but I'm full so no point at the moment
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

So I've just upgraded to gold to retrieve a message from a potential parent & went into my message box & it's EMPTY!!

I really cannot afford to pay gold every month so if I cancel this now will it still let me get my months worth of contact? Or will it just delete it all ???
    wow 2012 already

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, you'll get a full month's use.

Weird that it's empty? It's definitely the inbox and not sent messages? Maybe contact childcare.co.uk and see if they can retrieve it? x

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like you didn't receive a message from another member. If you had you could have read and replied to it for free.

The message you received told you that another free member tried to send you a message but couldn't as neither they nor you were a gold member.

We now allow free members to initiate contact with gold members so now you are a gold member any free member will be able to message you.

You could always send this person a message now and they could reply for free.
    Childcare.co.uk
    The UK's largest childcare website
    www.childcare.co.uk

8. Likes Rick liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The changes to the messaging system are a great additional benefit. It means we can be contacted by parents who we might've missed, Thanks Richard.

The only downside is a the nature of some of the questions when parents initiate contact:

Parent: "Hi, Where are you based?"
    What bunyip would love to reply: "Hi, Why don't you read my flippin' profile?"

Parent: "Hi, Do you have any vacancies?"

Parent: "Hi, Are you a nanny? Would you clean my house, walk the dog and cook for me?"

Parent: "Hi, Can you take my 17 children to a school on the other side of Mars?"

OK, I exaggerate (for the 12 millionth time ) but isn't it scary that parents are even considering leaving their child with someone they've not bothered to find the first thing about, even though there's tons of information freely available on our profiles if they would but spare the time to read it. Clearly, researching one's prospective child-carer isn't worth missing X-Factor for.

10. Likes loocyloo, Richard liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    The changes to the messaging system are a great additional benefit. It means we can be contacted by parents who we might've missed, Thanks Richard.

The only downside is a the nature of some of the questions when parents initiate contact:

Parent: "Hi, Where are you based?"

Parent: "Hi, Do you have any vacancies?"

Parent: "Hi, Are you a nanny? Would you clean my house, walk the dog and cook for me?"

Parent: "Hi, Can you take my 17 children to a school on the other side of Mars?"

OK, I exaggerate (for the 12 millionth time ) but isn't it scary that parents are even considering leaving their child with someone they've not bothered to find the first thing about, even though there's tons of information freely available on our profiles if they would but spare the time to read it. Clearly, researching one's prospective child-carer isn't worth missing X-Factor for.

Sorry this is so true it made me laugh!!!

12. Likes loocyloo, Richard liked this post
    July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    The changes to the messaging system are a great additional benefit. It means we can be contacted by parents who we might've missed, Thanks Richard. The only downside is a the nature of some of the questions when parents initiate contact: Parent: "Hi, Where are you based?" What bunyip would love to reply: "Hi, Why don't you read my flippin' profile?" Parent: "Hi, Do you have any vacancies?" What bunyip would love to reply: "Hi, Why don't you read my flippin' profile?" Parent: "Hi, Are you a nanny? Would you clean my house, walk the dog and cook for me?" What bunyip would love to reply: "Hi, Why don't you read my flippin' profile?" Parent: "Hi, Can you take my 17 children to a school on the other side of Mars?" What bunyip would love to reply: "Hi, Why don't you read my flippin' profile?" OK, I exaggerate (for the 12 millionth time ) but isn't it scary that parents are even considering leaving their child with someone they've not bothered to find the first thing about, even though there's tons of information freely available on our profiles if they would but spare the time to read it. Clearly, researching one's prospective child-carer isn't worth missing X-Factor for.
    Lol! That's so funny!

Post Thanks / Like

Yah just had one like that this pm., whereabouts are uou? Read the profile hello!!

15. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I had one message me just before Christmas. 'I'll give you a ring next weekend' I have had a call and they haven't been online since 23rd Dec!