What's the wprst christmas present you've ever received?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  28
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What's the wprst christmas present you've ever received?

My DH came home last night really proud of himself for buying my mum a present. It's a machine that turns paper into blocks so you can burn them as fire wood.

He thought it was great. Im not so sure she'll be as impressed. I swnt him out to buy a pandora charm for her!!

What's the worst you've ever got?

2. Likes primula liked this post
    June 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Wine/champagne!
    Hubby & I are virtually T-Total (hubby diabetic & I can't stand the taste) but friends and family keep giving us wine/champagne as gifts.
    I've got bottles of the stuff collecting dust!!
    Toothfairy

Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsh3103 View Post
    My DH came home last night really proud of himself for buying my mum a present. It's a machine that turns paper into blocks so you can burn them as fire wood.

He thought it was great. Im not so sure she'll be as impressed. I swnt him out to buy a pandora charm for her!!

nice

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Last year I was given a toothbrush cleaner! Ok so maybe something a person may want but surely not a gift? Especially as it turned out half the family got one! Bought by brother-in-laws long term girlfriend. Cheers!

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Toothfairy View Post
    Wine/champagne!
    Hubby & I are virtually T-Total (hubby diabetic & I can't stand the taste) but friends and family keep giving us wine/champagne as gifts.
    I'll pm you my address

7. Likes Toothfairy, Maza liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I asked for a jigsaw puzzle & hubby got me 6!!!!!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddleywinks View Post
    I'll pm you my address
    share with me please
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

10. Likes Toothfairy, Kiddleywinks liked this post
    Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wine here too - no-one drinks!

Also got a cheque from my mum one year as she was going to Oz for Christmas - she wrote it in my maiden name - I have been married twice!!!!!!

12. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsh3103 View Post

now you see .... my mum would love the fire wood block maker ... she would think it was a great idea ... but she would never use it !!!

one year my SIL gave us a joint present of an icecream maker ... ''you like cooking and DH likes icecream'' ! I see the reasoning ... but we never ever used it, as in fact, although DH does like ice cream, he rarely eats it. I don't like it much! the SAME year my BIL gave me a framed box for my kitchen wall ... inside the box were lots of little compartments filled with dried flowers, dried corn kernals, bits of wheat .... get the picture? very 'farmhouse/country kitchen'. frame was about 12" square ... my kitchen was the tiniest box with no spare wall ( only 'empty' wall had the calendar & notice board on it ) and the whole kitchen was very modern and streamlined! ... when I opened it I burst out laughing thinking it was a joke present and then realised it WASN'T a joke! ( 14 years on and I still don't think DHs siblings 'know' me! but now DH tells them what I would like )

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Toothfairy View Post
    Wine/champagne!
    I could help you out with that!

15. Likes Toothfairy, Kiddleywinks liked this post
    sept 12
    Non childminder member
    Please select
    Post Thanks / Like

dh bought me a set of pans one year... to make matters worse it turned that he'd used some of the vouchers that i'd been awarded at work (pre childminding days) for employee of the year to buy them with and he spent the rest on camping equipment for himself grr!
    Previous bf got me a frosted (dead!) xmas tree from the petrol station - how do i choose them lol!

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I got an iron one year

I divorced him

Wibble x
    The bats have left the bell tower.....

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WibbleWobble View Post
    I got an iron one year

I divorced him

Wibble x

My ex asked me what I wanted for Christmas one year and I replied 'a divorce'!

And Funemnx - back of the queue my dear, me and Juggler were here first

19. Likes blue bear, loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My Mother in law once gave me a set of dusters, another year a blanket that smelled like she'd had it in her attic for years - I'm glad she sticks to cash now

21. Likes Maza, blue bear liked this post
    Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Un glazed, rustic pottery dishes - I can't touch unglazed stuff . Following year matching plates.............next year soup tureen. Stuck them in loft and then moved onto a jumble sale! Think it went on for 5 years in total, quite a haul!

All from SIL and her then husband. When they divorced the awful pottery stopped - must have had a job lot!

Then a few years ago (on her next husband by now!) we got a carrier bag holder thingy - with a cow head at the top. I know we live on a farm but we do have taste - she obviously does not!! Couldn't give it away, so another for the jumble sale box.

Always get given Baileys from ex parent - saw her in town today . I wonder? same this year? Never have liked it but she thinks i do as my 2 closest CM friends do. Thinks we all like it. Friend gets a second bottle if shes lucky
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

sept 12
    Non childminder member
    Please select
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooh just remembered... dh's Grandmother got me a comb, handkerchief and 48hr scent-free heavyduty deodorant one year - how to give one a complex!!

Jun 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably the Cookie Monster onesie I got from dh last year. To be fair to him, it is cosy etc and I do wear it when it is cold and I want to snuggle up and be warm. However, I would rather my husband buy me things more appropriate for a woman (and one that he is meant to fancy lol) than a ten year old. Or something that I have actually asked for. How to make me feel like a fat frumpy mum in one fell swoop.

I never said anything to him, will probably get the matching slippers this year.

His worst one was probably to coffee maker I bought him five years ago. He absolutely loves coffee, loves gadgets and used it loads, but still goes on about how could I possibly have thought it was an appropriate Christmas present?! Lol.
    Apologies for the random full stops. Phone buttons too small, thumbs too big.

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakencookie View Post
    Ooh just remembered... dh's Grandmother got me a comb, handkerchief and 48hr scent-free heavyduty deodorant one year - how to give one a complex!!
    That made me chuckle

DH is terrible at gifts, one year we were really skint and had a budget of £5, he bought me a book I already had and didn't like plus the sequel and a toilet brush!

To this dayhe still can't understand what is wrong with buying a toilet brush (I hate them terribly unhygienic things) for a Christmas present for his wife.

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Not my present but my cousin's wife was given a present by our Nan - some lovely talc. On the side of the talc was written - "To Glad love Rose" (my Nan recycling a present from her sister!)

27. Likes Toothfairy, primula liked this post
    nov 12
    Post Thanks / Like

My gran as always bought me and my oh a box of foxes family favourites (not the special ones that come out at Christmas) biscuits since we have been together....12 years lol....ny brother on the other had gets box of chocolates. ..keep telling her every year....would prefer chocolates. ..not big biscuit eaters....her reply...its for when I come over.....uumm gran u have only visited us a handful of times lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast