Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default have we all survived the storm

Well no damage here. Just very wet.

How is everyone else - any damage or power cuts anywhere?
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We're all fine too. Not venturing out for a while though as still quite blustery and there are lots of trees where we live. Rain clouds in one half of the sky and bright blue sky on the other half.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mum phoned last night to check I'd be working today. Why not?

She said, "in that case, I'll bring her wellies and umbrella."

Yeah, right. I can't see much future for the Peppa Pig umbrella in the face of a fully-qualified hurricane. Epic defeat on the cards for the porcine brollie methinks.

4. Likes clairer liked this post
    Dec 87
    Post Thanks / Like

O.K here too apart from the traffic being really bad as live near the Dartford crossing bridge which is shut so everything gets pushed on to our local roads. While on this subject I have a parent who uses the bridge to get to work so now she can't go in and is not bringing lo today. My contract states it's full pay when I'm open whether they come or not but it's not really her fault that she cannot get to work so I was thinking just charging half rate.
    What would everyone else do?

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Here in the now sunny sussex on sea, it was rather horrendous at 1am and even worse at 5am, but must have been ok in between as I managed to sleep

We survived and so did our fence and tree

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chris goodyear View Post
    O.K here too apart from the traffic being really bad as live near the Dartford crossing bridge which is shut so everything gets pushed on to our local roads. While on this subject I have a parent who uses the bridge to get to work so now she can't go in and is not bringing lo today. My contract states it's full pay when I'm open whether they come or not but it's not really her fault that she cannot get to work so I was thinking just charging half rate.
    I charge full fees if I am available. no, its not mums fault that she can't get to work, but neither is it your fault!

sept 94
    Post Thanks / Like

everything still standing here but the rain is still lashing down some flooding but nothing major

cathy

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we are still suffering the storm...seems worse here this morning than last night and its pouring with rain and blowing a hooly!
    Glad I didn't have a school run this morning...
    Dogs very unimpressed at the idea of going out...our retriever keep peeking round the door and going back to bed lol!

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

Aug 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Just very very wet here!

Sept 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Was worried about my shed and fences but all ok. My sister in Dorset has no electricity.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not bad here at all. A bit windy, but nothing out of the ordinary. I did hear a lot of rain about 5am, but DH got up then to put the cat out & said it wasn't too bad.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Not too bad here now, still gusty but nothing compared to what it was like at 6am. It was quite scary, the noise of the wind, I was scared just walking across my patio to the garage. OH had to leave at 6.15am to go to work, he walked and said he had to climb over 4 fallen trees on his way. Even the dog refused to go out this morning as the wind was scaring her, she refused to go out before bed last night as well because of the rain.

xxxx

Aug 201
    Post Thanks / Like

I have some damage to my garden fence from the storm, looks like I need two panels and a couple of new posts. Will this be covered on my household insurance do you think? Everything is breaking at the moment, I have broken lights, a broken washing machine, some remedial work needed on the roof the list goes on! ARGH!

I have a child not attending today as mum says there are no trains to work. I will be charging full fee as I can't afford to not charge, I'd be out of business! It's her decision to not send her child in to me.

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we had our storm yesterday morning. Hardly a breath of wind all night, but it did tip down at 4am. So sad that people lost their lives in the SE
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris goodyear View Post
    It depends on 2 things:-

1. Did you put it in the contract because you absolutely meant it, or so you had the option of charging it should the situation arise, then make a decision on a case-by-case basis?
    2. How you feel about it now, with regard for your relationship with the mum.

Your call.

Post Thanks / Like

Storm nothing out of the usual down here in Sussex, although power off in some villages. My Aldi plastic greenhouse is still standing...

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SammySplodger View Post
    My Aldi plastic greenhouse is still standing...
    Mine isn't lots to tidy up later x

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

Jan 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Not bad really, bird bath shattered and flung across the garden, small tree uprooted and blocking the gate a few sheds in the allotments upturned and several roads closed due to felled trees also some local powercuts have been reported , just a light breeze really compared to the hurricanes that are experienced in many parts of the world ! we are sooooooooooooo lucky xxx

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My garden looks like a bomb has hit it. toys scattered everywhere , garden furniture knocked over , ...

Nothing at all to do with the storms though , all we got was a night of heavy rain...its just a mess !

21. Likes Mrs Scrubbit, sing-low liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We was organised yesterday and sorted most the garden out.
    Did miss a few bits and ran into the garden several times to save stuff.

However I have next doors shed roof in my garden and most of the house behind my garden tree in my garden. They have a massive willow tree and it looked like the cookie.monster swishing around today ha ha!! Although now its pretty stripped!!! My stuffs all good.

Looks like its starting again now tho. Half the towns had not power we've been lucky!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast