School water bottles
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default School water bottles

My daughters school has sports water bottles for all their children. They are supposed to get emptied everyday and re filled every morning but I know they NEVER get washed properly ever. My daughter has had hers now for 5 years and I don't think it's ever been washed. After school yesterday I noticed they were outside in a plastic box on the ground of the playground. This morning when I went I went to drop her off they were STILL lying outside. Is it just me that finds this disgusting and extremely unhygienic?

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Our school tried this a couple of years back they have soon gone back to us providing them just because of the washing of them :-)

I would be contacting them and seeing the risk assessment on them
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Our school sells water bottles...parents buy them and take responsibility of washing and refilling them.

Personally I think its the only way forward
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

4. Likes Ali56, Maza, caz3007 liked this post
    Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate reusable drinks bottles that aren't monitored and CLEANED.

I stopped using sports bottles when I noticed my kids were chewing the spouts and dirt started to gather in the nooks and cranny's of the chewed bits, YUK.

My kids started taking them to primary school - as requested - and they didn't get washed or even filled with fresh water daily, they just got filled when they were empty, eeeekkkkk.

We buy water from costco now and our kids use that and at least we know its relatively clean.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

DS has a water bottle which I have provided and it comes home every night so I wash it out and provide fresh water every day. If he is being good and drinks it all in the day they also have fountains where he can refill it.

Would schools not find this easier?

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Urghh that's gross! I'd have said something to teacher like why are the water bottles still out there from yesterday?
    Could you just provide your own anyway, and use the fact that they were left outside over night where cats and god know knows what else could have wee'd or worse on them as a reason for not using the school ones?xx
    Kelly xx

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You need to mention this to the Head. Sometimes they just aren't aware of what goes on with the 'little' details. You don't need to go in 'all guns a blazin' ' you could just ask them to clarify their policy on drinking water as you need reassurance that they are offered CLEAN FRESH water every day in CLEAN containers. I would mention that you had noticed that they had been left outside over night. Could you imagine if Ofsted caught us doing the same?!

10. Likes kellyskidz! liked this post