Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

I hired my wedding dress for £200 with alterations. 13 years ago

I couldn't see the point of spending full price (over £1000) for something I would never wear again

Does that make me a grump haha

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rubybubbles View Post
    I hired my wedding dress for £200 with alterations. 13 years ago I couldn't see the point of spending full price (over £1000) for something I would never wear again Does that make me a grump haha
    No lol...I had mine cleaned and boxed up after the wedding, put it in the loft just to find a few years later that it had been eaten by mice...uurrrggggghhhhhhh...

Makes me thankful I didn't pay more!!

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

1st marriage - £80 in 1980 and then 2nd - £50 in 2001 from Next (not a wedding dress but a pale pink full length shift dress)

Post Thanks / Like

I have just put a £700 deposit down for mine and it's £1390 in total. Way over my budget but it was THE dress, I had to have it!! I think if you can afford it, then go for it!! xx

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    i paid £120 for a very simple dress as flew abroad and it was only us two. I loved it though and it was very me - price included alterations but that was 13 years ago. If I had actually tried on all the fancy ones I'm guessing I would have probably liked the one that cost about 4 grand but I was aiming for simple.
    Mine was also about the same price and it was also thirteen years ago. We also flew abroad. I also went for very simple and it was also very me (very simple!) The price also included alterations!

6. Likes The Juggler liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

£150 from local newspaper.. She never got to wear it :-( xxx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

£85 5 years ago from tkmaxx , should have been £600 . Was my perfect dress . Still love it

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maisiemog View Post
    £64 in the monsoon sale 8 years ago. It wasn't the dress of my dreams but I was 19, had a 4 month engagement and a very limited budget. The dress of my dreams would cost £2000ish now!
    That's where I got mine from, £80 in the sale though! Stunning greecion style dress..

Glitter Guest

Mine was £120, 10 years ago. It was a bridesmaid dress as I refused to wear white.

My mother paid for it as I wanted to get married in my jeans and t-shirt, but she would not let me.
    The dress did look lovely, but I wish I had put my foot down and got married my way and not the way my mother wanted.

I got my revenge though. My 18 month old daughter got chocolate sauce all over the frount of the dress during the reception and the stains would wash out.
    Well done daughter.

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine was less than £100 31 years ago, my dd got married in July this year and paid £1750, but it was absolutely gorgeous and her nan
    and grandad paid for it.
    Cath

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine was £1200 but was dark red silk and made for me and that was 10 years ago next April. Would agree with the others, have a really good trawl on the web and see if you can find someone selling one.

Sam x

OCT 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine was £32 from C&A 36 years ago and was the only dress I tried on! It was in the sale and matched my dream dress idea exactly, didn't even need to be altered

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine cost me nothing. It was a Pronuputa dress but I didn't like the bodice so my mum and I mad a new one and made a new lining and that cost £17. My headdress cost £30 from John Lewis and my Veil was free, it was bought for my Grandmother in 1925 and had been worn by 7 family and friends who were at my wedding, including my mum and sister. It is fine net edged in Brussels Lace and is floor length, it was valued in 1969 for £300 so I hate to think what it is worth now. I still have all three and I still wear my wedding shoes which are silver kid leather court shoes.

I will have been Married 25 years next April.

15. Likes The Juggler, Kiddleywinks liked this post
    oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

rented mine £50, my shoes cost £55.. still together 27yrs later
    Dust its Fairy Dust

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mpullen17387 View Post
    £150 from local newspaper.. She never got to wear it :-( xxx
    that's sad or maybe a lucky escape??
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    Mine cost me nothing. It was a Pronuputa dress but I didn't like the bodice so my mum and I mad a new one and made a new lining and that cost £17. My headdress cost £30 from John Lewis and my Veil was free, it was bought for my Grandmother in 1925 and had been worn by 7 family and friends who were at my wedding, including my mum and sister. It is fine net edged in Brussels Lace and is floor length, it was valued in 1969 for £300 so I hate to think what it is worth now. I still have all three and I still wear my wedding shoes which are silver kid leather court shoes.

I will have been Married 25 years next April.
    how was the dress free??
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine was £1000 in 2001. That was tge bill for the whole day too lol x

Post Thanks / Like

£450 13 years ago, it was an evening dress, not a proper wedding dress, cos I didn't do the 'white' thing. Lovely blue/purple chiffon over satin but very simple. I still have it but it no longer fits, my daughter has her eye on it...

June 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine was £1800 but was designed by me - saw several dresses i liked all on different colors - white red blue black in the shop and couldn't decide which one as all beautiful and asked if i could have one made with all the pieces i liked in the colours i wanted and they did. It was pale gold and burgundy. I thought it was a lot and so wanted to have more use out if it so The top could be detached and used as a bodice for xmas or a party and the bottom was going to be made into christening dresses but we had boys and didnt want them in dresses. It has been vacuum packed and if my children have girls we will have it made into dresses .
    It was expensive and may not pay this price today ( this was 13years ago) but I wanted the day to be special for different reasons. I'm sure if you search around you will be able to find one the same or close too on the internet. Good luck.

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I couldn't find what I wanted, in the material I wanted, so bought all the material from a fabric warehouse in London, found a dressmaker and she made: My wedding dress, 2 little girl bridesmaid dresses, and my maid of honour's dress for the total price of £450 and that was 13 years ago

23. Likes rickysmiths liked this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast