Do kids still use CD players to listen to music?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Do kids still use CD players to listen to music?

Hi all,

DD (almost 5) has just started to get into pop songs - big style! She always asks hubby to play them for her using his phone or for me to find some on MTV. I would love her to be able to play her favourite songs (and nursery rhymes) independently. Are CD players obsolete? They seem simpler to use than the more modern methods - technophobe here! x

Glitter Guest

Hi, we have a portable dvd player the kids use to play cd's on as our cd player broke last year. The only problem with using a cd player is the kids never put the cd's back in the cases ane they usually end up scratched and won't play.

A friend of mine has a 4 year old son who loves music. She bought him a simple MP3 with speakers to plug in to it. It took her a week to teach him how to use it but now he is a expert. His Dad helps him to download the songs he likes and he plays them all day.

3. Likes Maza liked this post
    Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Hi all,

DD (almost 5) has just started to get into pop songs - big style! She always asks hubby to play them for her using his phone or for me to find some on MTV. I would love her to be able to play her favourite songs (and nursery rhymes) independently. Are CD players obsolete? They seem simpler to use than the more modern methods - technophobe here! x
    My DD is exactly the same. We are buying her a CD player this year as its the cheapest way to let her have her own music in her room. She's just turned 5 so we will put songs she likes onto blank disks rather than give her the originals as they will need replacing regularly! She will love it but I'm wondering how often I will need to tell her to turn the volume down!?!
    If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes

5. Likes Maza liked this post
    Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

My son has a lightening McQueen CD player in his bedroom, he's 8 now but has always been pretty good at taking car of his cd's.

He also has an iPod shuffle for car journeys, holidays etc which I got off eBay for £20!

7. Likes Maza liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You can get iPod shuffle fakes on eBay for 99p plus posting (come from china ) which we have bought and used for our girls..littlest was 4/5 when she had hers and manages it no problem .. We just created a playlist for her on iTunes and down loaded it

Spotify is a good one if several of you in house are using downloaded music., you pay 9.99 per month and can download unlimited music to as many playlists or gadgets if you like, I guess if you stopped paying you would lose the music cos it's not really downloaded more
    Playable but it's saved us a fortune ., very extensive library too

9. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

MP3s and ipodshuffles...when you guys start speaking my language let me know! I have a lot of learning to do!

Thanks x

Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I still have my old cassettes of songs I recorded off the radio! I recorded Take That doing a Radio 1 Christmas Day show and I'll never throw it away.

I just need to find an old cassette player as ours died years ago...
    Life is all about how you handle plan B

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrstom View Post
    I still have my old cassettes of songs I recorded off the radio! I recorded Take That doing a Radio 1 Christmas Day show and I'll never throw it away.

Fantastic! Can you really not bur cassette players anymore?

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We still have cd players
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

14. Likes Maza liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

ipods here - you can always play cd's through your dvd players so if she has one of those...
    Debbie

16. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov '11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good!
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one in my car!!! Your welcome to pop over any time and play your tape on it...!

18. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov '11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good!
    Post Thanks / Like

Dd has a CD player in her room, she is 9, although is pestering me for an iPod touch like her friends, she might be lucky and get one for Christmas!

In the living room we have a docking station for my iPhone it has a CD player on it too and we regularly use it!

20. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Becci26 View Post

I have one in my car!!! Your welcome to pop over any time and play your tape on it...!
    Thanks! I really do need to get round to buying a cassette player one of these days.

Now I just need to sort out my old VHS videos...

Life is all about how you handle plan B

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I really do need to get round to buying a cassette player one of these days.

Now I just need to sort out my old VHS videos...

Lol! I know what you mean. Mind you, my brother recently found some home videos of our family on VHS videos and found a way to play them for us. I really wish he hadn't - why oh why did I ever think permed hair was a good idea!