Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default vitamin recomendations

Hi everyone,
    I am now suffering with my first cold of the Autumn/Winter (passed on from one of the children) Thinking about taking a vitamin supplement to boost my immune system. Anyone got any suggestions. We do try and eat healthily but I could do better I tend to make sure everyone else is eating properly and neglect myself.

Thanks
    Pixie Dust

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well my mum turned up today with a box of Echinacea tablets for me as I have had an awful cold / throat this week and I fear this will once again be the start of many. My mum swears by them so I'm going to give them a go
    Like yourself I make sure everyone elses diets are balanced and healthy but please don't mention my own, it's pretty poor some days.
    xxxx

3. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    June86
    Post Thanks / Like

Try some 15+ manuka honey, l have 1tsp daily in cereal or on toast and never get coughs or colds if l havn't used it for a while and feel l may be starting one or have a sore throat 1 have a spoonful a couple of times a day, my children have had it since they were little and never had a days illness. Manuka honey has great healing properties and can be put on open wounds they do a 5+ and 10+ but the higher ones have a better healing power it is quite expensive to buy around £20 a jar but l feel its worth it its usually in the holland and barret 1p sale.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have Manuka honey as well ... and take echinacea if I need a boost for a week or so. I try to eat healthily but if I know it's gone wrong I take a multivitamin tablet just to cover myself.

You can only do so much though - maybe this cold will set you right for the winter. I've been a bit headachey I think I've got one coming too so I sympathise.

Hugs xx

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks I will pop into town at the weekend and see what I can get. Hopefully I can improve my immune system for the forth coming winter.
    Pixie Dust

June86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I take vitamin D during the winter found it really helps.

Sept 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I am now suffering with my first cold of the Autumn/Winter (passed on from one of the children) Thinking about taking a vitamin supplement to boost my immune system. Anyone got any suggestions. We do try and eat healthily but I could do better I tend to make sure everyone else is eating properly and neglect myself.

Thanks

Hi, I was really ill last winter with awful flu bug, don't want to get it again this year. You can get a flu jab in Boots for £10.00 I think, they are available next month. Hope you feel better soon.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

vitamin c and zinc is supposed to be good for immune system. But try to eat it if you can in foods - have a google. kiwis are fab - really high in vitamin c and i think it's nuts etc for zinc. x

hope those bugs stay away
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just to say if anyone is interested I have actually managed to get some 15+ Manuka honey from Aldi and it was just under £5 so a lot cheaper than Holland and Barrett. Can't say if it's any good yet as still early days but fingers crossed it will help.
    Pixie Dust

June86
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow lucky you we don't have aldi only lidle might go and see if they do it. as long as its pure honey from new zealand with nothing added it should be ok.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow lucky you we don't have aldi only lidle might go and see if they do it. as long as its pure honey from new zealand with nothing added it should be ok.
    It says its pure new zealand manuka honey no other ingredients listed
    Pixie Dust