Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: meditation

Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default meditation

Hello All~ I'm finally setting up my meditation business! I'm so happy that I've put up a website and a facebook page. I'm now waiting for my certificate, then I can start teaching meditation! The process is a bit similar to what I was doing/waiting for the childminding before haha seems I spent the whole summer waiting...

Can I know your viewpoint on meditation? Really need some support on my second business! Thank you in advance!!

2. Likes rachelmama liked this post
    OCT 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I think meditation is an essential part of my day, so would recommend it

4. Likes TY628 liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That sounds really interesting. What will you be doing?

I've meditated for years - it's a wonderful thing

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your reply! It's good to know there are people who enjoy meditation like me! Same as both of you, I enjoy meditation and have been practising for many years. Then one day my friends asked me about meditation and they suggested me to be a teacher. I thought it was a good idea but I was quite shy but it's good to learn more anyway, right? So I studied a diploma with a school, went through some training and research. I've learnt so much and I just want to share my knowledge and skills with people. Hopefully my certificate will be arrived in September and I can't wait for it! I'm thinking to arrange a free introductory class. At the same time, I'm a bit worried if I can overcome my shyness when I face a group of strangers/students!! Complicated feeling

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I meditate quite often, it helps to chill me. Do you have a link to your FB page please

8. Likes TY628 liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a wonderful idea and I'm sure you will soon find the confidence to face strangers. They're going to be there because they want to learn, so it's not like being a school teacher, standing up in front of a group of kids who really don't want to be there!

With something like meditation & yoga I think your enthusiasm and belief are a huge part of it. If you're passionate about what you're teaching, it's infectious and the students can't help but be inspired. I was taught a form of meditation years ago by a visiting group of monks (yes, really!). I've been practicing it for about 30 years now. I don't know if I do it properly, but it works for me!

10. Likes TY628 liked this post
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    It's a wonderful idea and I'm sure you will soon find the confidence to face strangers. They're going to be there because they want to learn, so it's not like being a school teacher, standing up in front of a group of kids who really don't want to be there!

With something like meditation & yoga I think your enthusiasm and belief are a huge part of it. If you're passionate about what you're teaching, it's infectious and the students can't help but be inspired. I was taught a form of meditation years ago by a visiting group of monks (yes, really!). I've been practicing it for about 30 years now. I don't know if I do it properly, but it works for me!
    Thank you so much for your encouragement. I hope I can be a good teacher one day and you are definitely inspiring me now! Thank you once again.
    I never learnt from monks or Buddhist! It is something I would like to try. I'm not as experience as you. I would love to know more about your experience!
    I believe there is no right or wrong way to meditate. It is always the best way if you benefit from it. In my training, we discussed different techniques and experience how different things suit different people. So I would like to share the techniques I know and people can choose the one that they enjoy~

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caz3007 View Post
    I meditate quite often, it helps to chill me. Do you have a link to your FB page please
    It's good to know that you enjoy meditation. It is the best way for us to re-charge and relax after a long day!! Thank you very much for asking about my Facebook page. I just started so not much information at the moment but I'll keep posting. I'll pm you the page if you would like to have a look.

Thank you so much again. Always feel more positive after chatting with all of you!

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you pm me your page too. What was the training called that you did?
    Meditation is the closest thing I have to a religion (that and mindfulness) even though a lot of time I think about it rather than actually doing it, it helps me enormously and mindfulness has got me out of many sticky holes and helps keep
    Me calm to zone in on the moment.
    I have been looking for other people to sit with for years but with no success.
    I used to have a yoga teacher that spent a third of the session on it and I miss that so much,
    Good on you for doing a training and the best of luck in your practise.
    'It's never too late to have a happy childhood' ( Tom Robinson)

14. Likes TY628 liked this post
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jadavi View Post
    Can you pm me your page too. What was the training called that you did?
    Meditation is the closest thing I have to a religion (that and mindfulness) even though a lot of time I think about it rather than actually doing it, it helps me enormously and mindfulness has got me out of many sticky holes and helps keep
    Me calm to zone in on the moment.
    I have been looking for other people to sit with for years but with no success.
    I used to have a yoga teacher that spent a third of the session on it and I miss that so much,
    Good on you for doing a training and the best of luck in your practise.
    I understand it's hard to find people to sit with. In my area, there are only Buddhist Centres but I don't see meditation as a religion so I want to start a group and let people know everyone, with or without religions, can benefit from it. I also tried yoga and mindfulness. I enjoyed yoga so much as I love the silent and focus. At the end, I focus on the sitting meditation part instead of the moving yoga haha Sometimes I even think meditation make me brighter

The experience of meditating with a group was unspeakable. I enjoyed it so much especially when I did the training, meditated with a group of people with the same goal. We still keep in touch and support each other but we live far apart so we can't easily get together...
    I'm going to pm you as I don't want they censor me if I put up the name of the school or any other details.

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I love the page and am going to look at training opps out my way. Did you have to do a lot of your training in London?

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

The training I attended was based in Cheltenham. I'm not sure if London has training school similar like the one I attended because some of my classmates came from London too. If you are interested in mindfulness, I believe London has a lot of MBCT programs and teacher trainings, specific for mindfulness. I didn't choose mindfulness because it is too scientific for me. You may google Oxford Mindfulness and you will know what I'm talking about.

Good luck with the search of programs! I'm sure you will find something suitable for yourself

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks

So funny that you say mindfulness is too scientific!! It's supposed to be supremely the very opposite of that! Haha

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm interested, can I have a look at your webpage?

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jadavi View Post
    Thanks

So funny that you say mindfulness is too scientific!! It's supposed to be supremely the very opposite of that! Haha
    i should say it was the course outline made me feel it was too structural/scientific for me
    Last edited by TY628; 20-08-2013 at 02:38 PM.

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

TY, please clear your inbox, I tried to reply to your pm and cant. I found a fair for you in Swindon that may be of interest

22. Likes TY628 liked this post