Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default !!!! forest schools email !!!!

do you remember how, a week or so ago, we were discussing that lots of us had emails from someone wanting us to buy into her 'forest school' brand?

somehow, its being advertised on the foundation years general email!

Foundations Years Update - July

on a similar vein though, I can see how, by getting childminders to agree to go out at least once a week, it could improve things for some children! I was out today with my tribe and got talking to a granny who had her grandchildren staying with her for the week, as their childminder is away. she said that their childminder never takes them out and about and the children said it was boring at her house as they stay home all the time ( not local children and not little either! ) and then I was chatting to a mum who asked if I had spaces ( !!! ) as she'd love her children to be out and about exploring and said the childminder they use, just one day a week, never takes them anywhere, not even to the park.

dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never got my head around childminders who don't go out, I would go slightly mad. We go out most days term time and especially in the hols. The first thing that comes out there mouths in the morning is where are we going today?.
    Most of the time it's nothing expensive, we go on walks, take there bikes and scooters down the polo fields and watch the polo ponies they love that, to the park, farm,swimming,country park etc.
    I think it's really sad that some cm stay at home all the time. X

3. Likes loocyloo, Maza, Beaka, rickysmiths liked this post
    Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

I live In a beautiful place semi town semi rural, we are always out and about, no two days need to be the same. Yet there are some childminders who never leave their house, I don't get it.

5. Likes loocyloo, rickysmiths liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blue bear View Post
    I live In a beautiful place semi town semi rural, we are always out and about, no two days need to be the same. Yet there are some childminders who never leave their house, I don't get it.
    Wouldn't you go mad though looking at the four walls?!! Yesterday I had an easy day in cos my back was bad, but in the afternoon my girls had tennis so I decided to take them down. We found the most enormous puddle (well the road was flooded!) I took the little ones wellies and they had such a blast in the water (it was so warm as sun had come back out) we had a real laugh and I felt so much better for it. Well worth the effort! The mummies were delighted they had had such fun and yet they hadnt had to clean them up after! We are always off out somewhere breaks up the day doesn't it, and you can really have fun seeing how they explore and think which I think is limited at home with the same experiences all
    The time!

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

I have two new starters this coming week and their current CM apparently doesnt even let them in her garden.

Time will tell as initial statements can sometimes be a little exagerated but really? i dont understand. We love fresh air and getting out. Even on days where we do stay here (because of odd drop off or collection times) my patio sees lots of action from the chalk and paint or bubbles or something suitably noisy.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm new to childminding but didnt the eyfs say something about kids spending at least 50% of their time outside. Even if its pouring with rain what child doesn't enjoy jumping in the puddles!
    Mandy xx

10. Likes rickysmiths liked this post