Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Sad news

Registered Childminder since
    June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Sad news

Just found out that my Husband's Granddad has got skin cancer. He is on blood thinning medication so going to see if they can take him off so they can operate to remove it, if not then he will need to have radio therapy.

He is going to be 80 this year and my husband's family are such a close family. And very intense! None of his family -As is from MIL's generation and younger, have ever had to go through anything like this before (cancer or losing anyone really close) I know if anything happens then two of the family are going to totally go off the rails... MIL being one of them.

I am here for them all, especially my husband. I just feel so helpless right now. Don't know what to do or say.

Dec 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

That is sad. Supporting your hubby is the best thing you can do. Seems like you are going to have to be strong for the rest of his family. I was in similar situation a few years ago and I surprised myself with how calm and composed I was!

Sending you hugs.

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very good
    Post Thanks / Like

So sad, nothing much you can do but be there for them and support our hubby. I hope all goes well. Xx

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no! Don't know what to say apart from how sorry I am. Cancer is ****** awful and is so hard on the sufferer and their families and friends. Thinking of you all xx

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaReed84 View Post
    Just found out that my Husband's Granddad has got skin cancer. He is on blood thinning medication so going to see if they can take him off so they can operate to remove it, if not then he will need to have radio therapy.

He is going to be 80 this year and my husband's family are such a close family. And very intense! None of his family -As is from MIL's generation and younger, have ever had to go through anything like this before (cancer or losing anyone really close) I know if anything happens then two of the family are going to totally go off the rails... MIL being one of them.

I am here for them all, especially my husband. I just feel so helpless right now. Don't know what to do or say.
    So sorry to hear this. Just keep listening and being there. I think it's better to know you don't have all the answers than to think you do.

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh that's such sad news...just be there for family when they need someone to talk to and try to stay positive too.
    It's hard to know what to say, so in situations like that I just try to listen...sometimes that's more important.
    Sending you all love and hugs xx

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good