Can anything else go wrong for me !!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Can anything else go wrong for me !!

as you are all aware I have recently been divorced but the financial side has not been sorted . We are nowhere near an agreement and what my solicitor and his solicitor came up with is poles apart !! anyway a few things my solicitor had done I was not happy with and I rang today to speak to him or make an appointment to be told "Sorry can't put you through he has RETIRED !!! " nice of someone to let me know eh !!
    Dont know what happens now they said they would get someone to ring me back, in the meantime tho someone else had told me of a person in the same firm but a different branch and I had been thinking of asking if I could change so I have just sent them a message to ask.
    I still think its very unprofessional and bad to not let me know . Sorry just needed to get it off my chest x

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That is shocking that he hasn't finished dealing with your divorce settlement and has retired half way through without even letting your know who would be taking over - fair enough if he was ill and couldn't complete, but surely the firm should have contacted you. Hope you get it sorted soon.

3. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post
    Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

That's so wrong, sometimes the whole legal system is backwards!
    Surely he can't do that without telling you, wonder if he knew he would be retiring at the time he took your case on- in which case he's a idiot.
    Big glass of wine should be your main priority now
    Good luck with it all xx

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm with Shakespeare's Jack Cade: "The first thing we do: let's kill all the lawyers."

6. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear you are going through testing times right now!!

You're not doubt left feeling rather deflated after hearing this news as its a let down out the blue and you're no doubt feeling like your back to square one..

I hope things managed to sort for you!!

Just remember the following -

"Don't worry about a thing, 'cause every little things gonna be alright"

Stay strong and remember we are here if you need to offload xx

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest, unless you were really happy with the company I would probably move on...it's very unprofessional to leave incomplete cases let alone not informing you of what was happening.
    Take a deep breath, gather your thoughts and give the company a piece of your mind....then just keep in mind that everything will be fine and get sorted.
    Everyone on here is more than willing to listen and help if they can...chin up chick

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Post Thanks / Like

I had been given another name by someone who had used them had said they were very good, different branch of the same company but a lady this time who has been through divorce herself. Anyway I have left her a message asking if she would take me on. Then last night I got a call from my original solictor I said Ive been told your retired, I am I am just calling to let you know I will be passing your case to xxx in Dudley, i replied Thank you but you need not bother I have already contacted .... in .... and asked her to do it I have been told she is reliable !! his reply was "how do you know her " just through someone who has used her recently. He then said ok ill send the papers to her then . Bye and that ws the end of the coversation, I havent heard from the new one yet . lets hope she is better.

Thanks for your support peeps its nice to know there is always someone to turn to x

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought that they would not let the divorce go through until the finances had been sorted. I thought it all had to go through at the same time, or this is what a friend of mine was told
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wendywu View Post
    I thought that they would not let the divorce go through until the finances had been sorted. I thought it all had to go through at the same time, or this is what a friend of mine was told

I thought the same and had asked for it not to go through but just before Christmas with my Christmas cards I got my Decree Nisi but we are miles off getting the finances sorted this is such a mess x Hopefully I have a new solicitor now and she will get it sorted x

Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if you're in the same situation.....

When my parents divorced the finances didn't get sorted out for 8 years. They were officially divorced but the court said they were to leave the finances as they are until my youngest sister leaves full time education or turns 18 which ever came 1st.
    My mum stayed in the house with the condition that she paid the mortgage. She then had the payments she had made added to her share of the house (if that makes sense).
    Could this be what has happened? Has that condition been put on your divorce but because the solicitor has retired he just didn't tell you or the paperwork came through after he left?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsh3103 View Post
    I don't know if you're in the same situation.....

When my parents divorced the finances didn't get sorted out for 8 years. They were officially divorced but the court said they were to leave the finances as they are until my youngest sister leaves full time education or turns 18 which ever came 1st.
    My mum stayed in the house with the condition that she paid the mortgage. She then had the payments she had made added to her share of the house (if that makes sense).
    Could this be what has happened? Has that condition been put on your divorce but because the solicitor has retired he just didn't tell you or the paperwork came through after he left?
    No my xxxx Ex waited for my daughter to finish uni before he put in the divorce ! so he hasnt gotta pay for either of them . He has had this worked out for a while now but he doesnt want to share his pension etc ,, I just need it sorting

Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

What a ***********

*big hug*