Still running around after grown up kids!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Still running around after grown up kids!

Not childminding related at all but who still runs around after there grown up children
    My son has just announced he's going away for a long weekend to Spain with his girlfriend and could I pick him up from the airport early am tues morning. They land at 1.30 am and it's an hours drive. Aaargh I'm going to be exhausted tues morning. I could easily say no but I know I won't!
    Me and hubbie had planned to go out sat night with friends, we thought no problem getting a baby sitter with three older children, wrong, they are all out, so it will be a night in with a takeaway and a good natter with my oldest friend
    Mandy xx

2. Likes watgem, marie55 liked this post
    feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I know your pain lol

Post Thanks / Like

Me!!!! My 4 sons are all aged 20 or above, and all still live at home 4 girlfriends regularly here too, and I am constantly getting mum where's my so and so, have you washed such and such. Thankfully all except 1 drive so that isn't such an issue, but
    its still like having small children at home!!

Jan12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have an older child to run around after- but my 22 year old brother is still always calling in me to get him out of sticky situations, pick him up after a night out and he has spent all his money or lend him money . No different from when he was 16- even tho he now prob earns more than me just useless with his money lol x

apr 87
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I can relate to this too, it's a son thing! Mine is 22 and travels everywhere abroad watching the Courteener's gigs and Manchester United, which means lifts to airports and train stations at silly o'clock His older sisters say if he can afford trains, flights and hotels etc let him get a taxi, but like you I give in lol.
    I've waited patiently for holidays and weekends away and now my kids are 33, 27 and 22 I thought I'd be footloose and fancy free, but now have nobody to mind my poor old 12 yr old dog who has separation anxiety when I leave him, but that's another story
    In the next 3 weeks my first Grandchild arrives (a boy) and it can all start again (am so excited) We choose to do it and could easily say no, but where's the fun in that lol xx

Post Thanks / Like

me too xx mine are dd 23 (today is her birthday!) and ds 28 both still at home, big one working young one not able to get full time job yet, both able to go out and do things yes, cook, yes, wash up NO clean up NO. same as you dd got asked out to a exhibition in Manchester2 days ago, who had to pick up at 2 am Wed, yea me XX

they are always around and sometimes I feel they are in my way and causing havoc, but then when they are out and im stuck on my own I miss em. Can see me still being with them here in 10 years they way there going. Their dad moved out a while ago and he does exactly what he pleases when, sometimes I envy this but love em to bits. x DS going to America with his friend in a couple of weeks, guess whos taxi to the airport each way xx

Jul 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes my DS almost 20 just moved back home, oh the grass was greener until he got there and realised life isn't all rosey when you're a grown up and need to pay bills. Now i'm constantly replenishing the cupboards and hunting dirty dishes again. I stop at that though, his dirty washing is his concern it's not affecting my life my dd is almost 19 and at uni hours and hours away but still it's can you 'send me' whatever it is she's forgotten when she's been home and returned. Both always need money - I certainly failed there in the managing money stakes :/ wouldn't care but dd used to be really good with money. When home she always needs lifts etc. and then the mess she leaves as she returns to uni

Jul 11
    Post Thanks / Like

However I ought to add she sent me some lovely flowers and a card last week thanking me for all the help during her first year. I'm sure I'll have paid for them at some point but the thought's there x

10. Likes Chimps Childminding liked this post