Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Going to the loo!!!!

How do you all manage your own toilet needs

One of my mummies told me this am that he DD says that (*Myname*) pees in the toilet!! ...... thought it was quite funny but made me think .......

I either have to have a quick nip and hope mindees ok to I return, and listen to them knocking the door, or else I have an audience of 2 year olds !!!

Nov '11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good!
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure we can go to the toilet!! How on earth will we ensure the children will come to no harm during that time, have you not seen the post about social media??!!!? I think the only thing we can do is hold it in for the day or perhaps hope the children sleep.... :P

Seriously though...

Luckily we live in a bungalow so toilet is downstairs.

I just make sure the children are safe and nip to the loo (I usually pull the safety gate across the kitchen doorway so they can't get in there), they usually follow me anyway and talk to me through the door lol!

3. Likes NI MINDER, waterwaybabies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep that's right you're not allowed to!! Hold it in, starve, die of thirst and lose your sanity all in one day!!

Obviously you make sure the kids are safe as they can be before nipping out!! So much easier when out as its easier to ask another cm/ nanny to watch them for 2 mins! (I know that's not technically allowed!)

It is seriously like a 100m dash everytime!! I'm sure I'd hold the record for being the quickest!!

I'm always thankful when I'm on days off as I don't have to rush to the loo!! How sad is that!!?!

Kxx

5. Likes NI MINDER liked this post
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to say i am lucky in this one. I have a downstairs loo and its in my play room. Toilet training isnt too bad this way

I do chuckle when the LO's open the door though as I only leave it ajar

Post Thanks / Like

Let's all get bags fitted!!!!!

Seriously though... I strap mine into buggy for 2 mins and quickly dash upstairs. But I find it easier to go while we are all out and use disabled loo (I have a RADAR key).

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My hubby is in and out during the day so i go when he comes in, but if I can't wait I strap my youngest into the buggy then I tell the
    older 2 that i'm going for a wee and they carry on playing and I'm as quick as I can be
    Cath

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

i close the stairgate to the kitchen and the stairgate at the bottom of the stairs and dash upstairs and go with door open so i can hear them - although according to a thread on ***** we are supposed to always take them into the toilet with us i can hear mine and they can no doubt hear me
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

My toilet is off the play room so I just go. If old enough they tend to bang on door. Sometimes I will put baby in cot to protect them from bigger ones.

july 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I once had someone in the school playground say seriously that a childminder should not leave children while they went to the toilet as they couldn't see what the children were doing, I just said it was a right under the European convention, at least if it isn't it should be :-)
    Do we need another petition, a childminders right to use the loo, or will ms Truss see it and think of another reason to trash us? :-)
    One of my mums mentioned to me yesterday how Ms Truss was saying we don't teach manners to the children, so I told her to shut her face :-)

12. Likes Maza liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The lengthens we got to for a wee. What happen to privacy lol!

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mum24 View Post
    One of my mums mentioned to me yesterday how Ms Truss was saying we don't teach manners to the children, so I told her to shut her face :-)
    Brilliant!

May 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Love this thread , seriously thou I did think to my self oh no ill not be able to drink 7am-5pm incase I need the loo!!! Poor preggo childminders , how do they cope ?! I was always goin to the loo when pregnant! As if ppl think we shouldn't leave the kids ! I mean with out bein gross there are times in the month when it's in their best interests not to be in the loo with us ! Surely !!! Lol sorry for lowering the tone

Post Thanks / Like

Think we may just have to wear giant nappies, that'll solve the problem. I only work part time at the moment but dread to think how I'll manage when I'm working full time, nothing like having an audience.

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I will get hubby to cut the top third off the door this weekend! That should do the trick...privacy for me, easy viewing during potty training, no-one can get locked in, more light in the hall.

On the other hand...no way of shutting in dh's stinky moments...nope, gonna have to rethink!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mum24 View Post
    I once had someone in the school playground say seriously that a childminder should not leave children while they went to the toilet as they couldn't see what the children were doing, I just said it was a right under the European convention, at least if it isn't it should be :-)
    Do we need another petition, a childminders right to use the loo, or will ms Truss see it and think of another reason to trash us? :-)
    Love it!!! Lol

Kxx

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry but having an audience when the kiddies can talk is not good!!! What parent dont go to the loo!! And besides I don't want to ruin poor kiddies eyes! Lol

Kxx

Apr 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Just logging in again and reading all your comments. Loving them lo.l
    The joys of childminding !!

oct 07
    Post Thanks / Like

If i need to go I just go.
    I shut AND lock the door.
    We are supposed to respect a childs didnity during nappy changing and toileting so i think i have the same right to privacy.

I don't even tell kids i'm going usually just in and out , most of the time they don't even notice.

There is absolutely no way i'm taking lo's into the bathroom with me - never going to happen!
    I don't think other peoples kids should be seeing me on the loo.
    And what about at that time of the month - am i supposed to take them in to watch me change my Tampax?

22. Likes Maza liked this post