How do you get rid...
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How do you get rid...

....and scale down your toys and resources when you can find a reason and purpose for everything?? I really do believe less is more, but am also a self confessed hoarder :-(. Trouble is alot of items where my own children's and have 'memories' attached (books/huge amount of brio etc).

2. Likes loocyloo, lilac_dragon, Mrs Scrubbit liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just done this got rid of anything that wasnt played with and they toys that when are out just get left in a head on the floor. I have been left with the traditional toys. I have more sensory and craft stuff than toys.

How you do it.
    I put everything out of reach for 6 months and if it didn't make it back in that time it went. I have 30% more floor space than I did lol

4. Likes vickie-marieo, loocyloo liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm terrible at throwing anything away - this morning my husband put out a big flat piece of cardboard my new notice board came in and I nearly chased the recycling lorry down the road to get it back - I had great plans for that cardboard!

I have some toys now that are hardly ever played with but 2 years ago they were my most popular resources - different children, different interests so I am reluctant to get rid of them as who knows what the next lot will like?

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

No point asking me, last year we decided to empty the loft and I very bravely disposed of all the toys and resources up there that had not been touched for years. Then I halved the conservatory of toys and put half in the loft for rotation and then proceeded to buy more and we are back in the same boat again

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    I'm terrible at throwing anything away - this morning my husband put out a big flat piece of cardboard my new notice board came in and I nearly chased the recycling lorry down the road to get it back - I had great plans for that cardboard!

I have some toys now that are hardly ever played with but 2 years ago they were my most popular resources - different children, different interests so I am reluctant to get rid of them as who knows what the next lot will like?
    Lol! But I agree, packaging and cardboard is brilliant fun. I like stuff that has a limited lifespan, cost nothing, can be made into something and can then be thrown away. I 've saved packaging from toy kitchen to make into a space ship next week.

Jan 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post

I did the exact same today,found some cardboard next to the bin in the garden that dh had placed there, soooooooooooo while the cats away( well at work) it got sneaked back into the house and has now gone into hiding waiting to summons and transformed into something really useful (so I tell myself) x