Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default time for activities?????

well, i had some lovely easter activities planned for this week, but havent been able to do half of them as i spend nearly all day, every day taking care of the basic needs of the children i mind (they are mainly babies) after naps, milk, snacks, nappies and school runs i have not much time left to do anything else! does anyone else have this trouble??

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It is hard to get some of the activities done when they are little and like you say the daily routing takes most of the day, I think as long
    as you show the planning for the day then I wouldn't worry when they are not done, you are just going with the childs needs and interest.
    Cath

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely! But I'm also still surprised at how short "activities" seem to be, especially in relation to the prep and clear up time! Takes 12 minutes to cook pasta, 10 for it to cool, the babies attention is kept for 10, and then it takes a good 10 to clear it off the baby, the walls and the floor!!! Daft really

4. Likes Maza liked this post
    Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol. You just described my day and all I had was ds to look after. Had his injections yesterday and very high temp today so clingy but think we are getting better now so I might get to do an activity tomorrow.

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

You have described a lot of my day's too

Post Thanks / Like

If your day is structured anything like mine, 7.30 - 8.30 is breakfasts, school prep etc, 8.30-9.30 is school run,(walking & popping to the shop on the way back for anything we have run out of), 11.30-12.30 is lunch prep, lunch, nappy changes for any that haven't been changed yet, 12.30-12.45 settling down and stories, 12.45 - 2.45 naps, 2.45 - 3.30 school runs, 3.30-4.30 - chaos hour! Which by reckoning only leaves about 2 hours in the morning to do any planned activities! But don't forget your little ones are learning through all the routines of your day for example finding their shoes, taking them on and off, the sights they see on the school run. Just bear in mind when you plan activities, how much time you actually have available to do them, then you won't waste your time, planning stuff you aren't going to be able to fit in :-)
    During the school holidays I don't really tend to plan too much, because with my own children home, for my sanity, we tend to go out to the woods etc quite alot

Cathy
    Pre-school Play