what vacum cleaner do you have?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    sept 90
    Post Thanks / Like

Default what vacum cleaner do you have?

Does anyone have one of those battery stick vacum cleaners? Are they any good?? A bit fed up dragging the hetty out all the time!!

Oct 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

we have a Dyson Animal hand held vaccum cleaner which i keep in our caravan for when we're away and its fantastic!

we have a cavalier puppy who seems to be permanently shedding her coat and the dyson copes with her hairs no problem. it was a bit pricey, i think i paid around £140 so certainly not cheap BUT i had a cheap Asda one for £20 to start with and that didn't even touch odd bits on the carpet never mind dogs hairs.

the battery generally lasts for around 15/20 mins on full power which is gr8 for a caravan but not sure how much you'd be able to get done in your own home.

i also have the normal Dyson animal upright for the house which is gr8 too - v light and easy to maneourve around the furniture

jo x

Apr 10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by primula View Post
    Does anyone have one of those battery stick vacum cleaners? Are they any good?? A bit fed up dragging the hetty out all the time!!
    Sorry don't understand the question, what is a vaccum cleaner, I need to go and Google it.

I do recall the wife mentioning something about a vaccum cleaner before but have never come across it myself so I am unable to comment.

4. Likes Daisy De, mum24 liked this post
    July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love a Gtech AirRam ( Gtech AirRam Vacuum Cleaners ? The Future of Vacuuming!) but rather pricy! Love the idea of no cables!

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

We got a dyson animal hand held about 4 months ago. I don't think it is worth it and apart from the odd cobweb I will always just get the big vacum out. The best use for hand held I have found is to let the children use it in the play room. As oh says it is the most exspenceive toy we have borght.

sept 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We have a roomba robot. It's fantastic. Has a timer and does downstairs in the morning whilst I'm on school run/out etc then pops itself back on its base to charge. You do have to carry it up the stairs though I.t keeps on top of the carpets all week and just need to Henry the edges every couple of weeks. Am fancying a robot mop now for the kitchen!

july 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lynncjt View Post
    I would love a Gtech AirRam ( Gtech AirRam Vacuum Cleaners ? The Future of Vacuuming!) but rather pricy! Love the idea of no cables!
    I bought my daughter one of these recently, fantastic, I would so love one for myself, but my hoover though 7 years old is still going strong and I don't think hubby will let me replace it. Maybe I can put it on my Christmas list.
    It works really well, is light to carry and you don't have to stop to unplug and then plug in again becuase the cord has reached its limit. I would recommend it.

July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mum24 View Post
    I bought my daughter one of these recently, fantastic, I would so love one for myself, but my hoover though 7 years old is still going strong and I don't think hubby will let me replace it. Maybe I can put it on my Christmas list.
    It works really well, is light to carry and you don't have to stop to unplug and then plug in again becuase the cord has reached its limit. I would recommend it.
    Thanks for the feedback - I'd only seen the ads, good to know it really does work!