Visit to the dentist for DD this afternoon has prompted...
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Visit to the dentist for DD this afternoon has prompted...

A referral to the dental hospital for 7am tomorrow morning!

DD10 complaining of a painful baby tooth whilst eating for a couple of days. So an appointment made at the dentist after school today. Luckily no mindees as both finished early today which is unusual. I was looking forward to spending time with both of my kids and catching up on paperwork.

Initial diagnosis is that one of her baby teeth is possibly a 'submerged ankylosed tooth' which needed to be confirmed with an xray. DD10 then refused to have an xray taken whilst having a cradle thingy in her mouth. Even after reassuring her its just an xray she refused to co-operate followed by tears and one of her foot stamping tantrums. She has had xrays before for a broken arm but that's another story of tears and tantrums.

The dentist then sent DD10 to the waiting room to have a chat with me. Worst case scenario is having the tooth removed under a general anaesthetic as the gum is inflammed and swollen already. They normally monitor the said tooth but on this occasion it will probably have to come out.

I have spoken to all the families and closed for tomorrow. DH lives and works in London and home on weekends so I need lots of good vibes for tomorrow as he can't make it until after midday.

Anyone else experienced this tooth problem? Any advice would be most welcome!

Nina

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry not come across this tooth problem before, just wanted to wish you luck for tomorrow and hope dd doesn't get to worried.
    Cath

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

good luck to your dd xx
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope all went well this morning x

Dec 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the support, it has been an interesting morning.

We arrived at the hospital at 7.15am to find 16 people in the queue already!
    Doors opened at 7.30am
    Registrations started at 8.30am and we were registered at 10.20am
    Saw dentist at 10.50am who confirmed that her baby tooth is fused to her gum and needed to be removed
    Xray procedure was ok as it was one of the external machines that move around the head
    In 5 weeks time she will have a general anaesthetic to sort it out and they may remove the baby molars which are loose already
    Left the hospital at 12.10pm and straight to McDonalds to recover from the long morning!

DD10 and DS7 were very good and kept themselves occupied with DS, iphone games, origami and snacks. DD10 doesn't seem to be too anxious about it but I'm sure that will change nearer the day. I even managed to get some paperwork done which was a bonus. Submerged ankylosed tooth can occur at anytime apparently but its not common. So calpol for the pain and antiseptic mouthwash for now.

Nina

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad it all went well today
    Hopefully your DD will remain calm. I think sometimes we worry more than they do. Hopefully it will be a fairly quick procedure and then just lots of tlc for her whilst her gum heals up. I feel for her

xxx