Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default One of those days !!!

Yesterday was one of those days that you really wish you'd stayed in bed.

At 11.30am had to take 3 children to the dentist as my ds brace had broken. It was only a 2min fix but stressful none the less with three extra children.
    Then 2 went home at 2.45 and I picked up 7 schoolies at 3.15pm like I usually do on a weds.

Usually fine but dd had a halloween party to go to so while I was trying to make 5 lots of toasted sandwiches and heat up one cooked meal I had to paint dd face. Face paints from Tesco didn't work and were rather tacky so stuck to her face and wouldn't come off.
    I had arranged for her to be dropped off at said party by a friends Dad but had changed my mind at the last minute because I though she needed more time to get ready so cancelled that and told ds that he would have to walk her there....then it started throwing it down.

I had to phone the Dad back and ask him if he could now take her, he said no probs, I'll be there in 5 mins...dd not ready, face not painted, 5 children asking for their tea.
    Managed to get the tea sorted, dd ready but wanted something to carry her sweets in....stuff was in the loft No time to get it out so found her a bag...3 children asking for fruit as they had finished their sandwich.
    dd left for party...big sigh of relief...2 children asking for fruit, 3 children asking for yogurts, 1 child asking for a sandwich, 1 child asking for bisc (you know when you've completely lost it don't you )

I told the Dad that I would pick up my dd and his dd...no probs

Tea all sorted...ds comes downstairs now wanting his costume that is in the loft...tell him he'll have to wait until I've finished work.

7 excited kids jumping around like lunatics becasue there all going trick or treating, several tellings off and several warnings

Finish work at 5.45pm...hurray, ds needs his costume so.....into garage, get ladder, up into loft, get costume. He tries it on...not happy, its rubbish, big strop,back in box, back in loft, ladder away in garage

His friend rings...where are you ? Not coming, my costume is rubbish..friend tels him his costume isnt that great either so ds feeling better agrees to go out. Costume in loft, he gets the ladder, gets it out and on. No facepaint, try talc...no joy

Sorted in the end, he goes out...Phew

I sit down, eat tea and get a phonecall from dh...stuck at work so no car for picking up dd from party...never mind, i'll walk.

7.45 - set off for party pick up, totally forgetting that ive agreed to pick up friend..arrive, kids dripping wet hair from apple bobbing
    Look at friend, damn....am I picking her up or not, ring her Dad, yes you are

Have to walk back....bet friend is thinking 'What a great pick up...dripping wet, freezing, no car'

Get back to house...ds is sat on the doorstep, cant get in and friends Dad is waiting at the end of drive, i'm apologetic to both and just want to lie in a darkened room

What a day !!!!
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am exhausted just reading that!

I hope today was better xx

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

yes but guess what YOU DID IT. Everyone got fed and where they are supposed to be and back again wearing the right stuff. A successful day Well done.

JUL 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Good grief I did think my day was bad, but looking at yours, mine ran smoothly! Halloween is once a year thank goodness.I hope you didnt meet anything spooky in your darkened room

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    I am exhausted just reading that!
    Me, too!

At least you can laugh about it today!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!