Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default henry hoover yes or no?

so who loves em and who dosent and are they any good for animal hairs and if not which is the vacum to buy with animals,, we have 2 cats and a dog so some serious hair loss!
    our hoover has just died and I have been looking at dysons but a bit by the price, we used to have a henry years ago before animals and my mum loves hers but she has no animals so I dont know what they are like with animal hairs,, I did look at a vax pet hoover but I just dont know which to get, dont want to waste my money on one thats naff

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hate mine!

For some reason I always wanted one, so when our eldest son left home last year I gave him our Dyson & bought a Hetty (pink Henry!). I hated it from the minute I first used it. It doesn't seem to pick up that well, it keeps getting stuck when I pull it round the house, it's a pain to store as the tube doesn't stand upright and it's so much harder to use than an upright hoover.

I'm waiting for it to break so I can go and buy another Dyson

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Like Mouse, I got rid of my upright dyson and bought hetty, based on other peoples opinions saying how fab a cleaner it was. I'm not sure I like it. It's great on my wooden floors but hard work on carpets. I'm forever having to clear threads and hair off the head and the room always smells a bit funny after I have hoovered!

On the plus side, its quite cheap compared to other vacuum cleaners.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cs01 View Post
    Like Mouse, I got rid of my upright dyson and bought hetty, based on other peoples opinions saying how fab a cleaner it was. I'm not sure I like it. It's great on my wooden floors but hard work on carpets. I'm forever having to clear threads and hair off the head and the room always smells a bit funny after I have hoovered!On the plus side, its quite cheap compared to other vacuum cleaners.
    I found that, so bought some air freshener things that you put in the hoover bag. It makes a real difference & the room actually smells nice after hoovering

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I found that, so bought some air freshener things that you put in the hoover bag. It makes a real difference & the room actually smells nice after hoovering
    ah mine smells funny too so what are they called and where did you buy them?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mushpea View Post
    ah mine smells funny too so what are they called and where did you buy them?
    I got them from Home Bargains, but they were an airfreshener brand (something like Glade), so I bet you could buy them in supermarkets etc. I'm not sure what they're called, but you find them by the Shake N Vac!

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh I used to love shake and vac til we realized my son was allergic too it, he used to sneeze for england and his excema flared up over it,,

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I could never have a Henry as my DS used to freak out at other peoples Henrys because of the face - he didn't like anything non human to have features

He is now 15 so we are over that but I have a Dyson and love it
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

My hubby used to work on a Hoover store on the market when young lol! He said a Henry was the best so we had one when first got married tbh I found it hard work on the carpet when we got pets and soon replaced with a dyson and I nearly died when I saw how much dirt and dust came up on my freshly Henry Hoover (had to try lol) my dyson died and I got the dyson ball which is still going strong and highly recommend it heehee! So much so fluffy socks on here tried it and ended up getting one too heehee

Jul 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I love my Henry Hoover

I didn't like it at first but I bought a different floor tool that has rollers and works much better on the floors
    Love Amanda

sept 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I love our Henry - we don't use a bag in him these days - he's fine!
    We have a roomba though that does the floors whllst I'm on school run / playgroups etc and then Henry just finishes off once a week round the edges.

Post Thanks / Like

You need to look at Henry hound if you have pets, it has a turbo brush on

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Dyson for me, can't work with a cylinder vac it's too much like hard work, upright is better for me and the stairs
    Cath

mar09
    Post Thanks / Like

i have a henry it has a BOOST button so the suction is harder when you put it on. it seems to work fine.
    i had to buy smellies to put in as it does smell when you use it.

no pets here, well a tortoise so no hair problem
    but seem to do ok with mine and dd's hair everywhere

but if i had a money i would go for a dyson, not upright as i hate them but dyson ....there's just so expensive!!

sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to say I prefer the Henry. I have had two dysons in the past and everytime I used them I had to take them apart to clear the hair from around the rollers and through the tube. Eventually got so bad it wouldn't even suck dust!

My Henry does have to have the hair removed from the brushes, but at least I don't need a toolkit to do it.

I have wooden floors all through the downstairs and carpet upstairs, but he deals with the hair from the girls without any problem. He does have a boost button too.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i loved my old henry - purchased in 2002. we live in a victorian terrace and I could plug in in the kitchen and hoover the whole house without unplugging (including the upstairs).

Bought a new one this year - the pink one -I hate it. The cord is shorter so I have to unplug it and i hate the suction - it's completely different. either doesn't hoover well enough or on strong suction I can barely push it.

My friend just bought a dyson ball compact and I want one
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

as someone else posted I was going to say that apparently Henry's are better with the bag removed....

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I like my henry vacuum. I have a turbo head on it which collects all my siberian forest cats long white fur off my black rugs and sofas. I don't find it hard to push, I don't know about a funny smell, I have always put air freshener discs into my vacuum cleaners.
    I like a cylinder for cleaning out the snakes and gerbils habitat.
    I like that you can replace the parts of the henry range if a piece of it breaks, whereas with other vacuums if a piece breaks you need to replace the entire thing.
    I like that they are very lightweight too.
    Best of all I love that all my 2 year olds wave and shout 'bye bye Henry' when he goes back into his cupboard. They also like to help wind up the flex, and the tubes can be shortened if I am lucky enough to have a child want to do the vacuuming for me

They are a bit of a pain for storage compared to an upright, but that is a cylinder problem. And they probably are a bit more of a pain for pushing around than an upright.

Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Hate them x

I have a Dyson Animal, fantatsic still does the job and now about 10 years old (got it as a wedding present) x

I like the fact I can wash alll the parts out, and with 2 dogs and 5 cats!! it can get a bit fluffy x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast