Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Feeling glum :(

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good :)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Feeling glum :(

Our house move has come to a complete standstill, I've had one of those days where every little thing makes me edgy and I'm so shattered.
    We were meant to move weeks ago, land registry is holding things up. My house feels smaller by the day, I just need some space! Arg! I worked my socks off getting the mortgage sorted, it was a nightmare, then this, boo.
    Please send me your best 'get up and go' vibes because I feel like hibernating until its all over!
    Sorry for moaning, I promise when it sorts itself out I will be on here with beaming smiles!

jumpinjen Guest

OK..... speaking from being in the same boat...... just take a DEEEEEEP breath, step back, accept that you cannot change it by fretting about it. Could you do something pro-active like hire a skip to sort through your loft/shed/garage before the move, box up some of the toys and resources that are little used to make yourself some more room - and plan some days out in the late summer rain to enjoy a feeling of space.... it WILL happen but you're going to need some energy when it does so 'chillax' (I hate that saying but thought it might make you smile!!!)..... hugs, Jen x

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much, It's driving me bonkers! I feel like I'm wishing the time away instead of enjoying my dd last few days at home before she starts full time school. I plan to change that, maybe a trip to the farm, and we are going out for a meal at the weekend.
    Dh just came home to find me in a bit of a heap, thank god he wasn't in a 'pull yourself together' mood and he just gave me a good cuddle.

jumpinjen Guest

Oh that's nice, glad to hear that!!

We had an offer accepted on Easter weekend and we're just getting some signs that a date might be set for a fortnight's time - only 5 1/2 months down the line lol - I got stressed and now I've gone beyond it and have got lots sorted ready to go when we get the keys - we even went round and filled all the legal paperwork in for the lady selling it to help things along!!

Jen x

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

oh hon I sympathise. We were cash buyers, had sold our house and were renting. We put in an offer on an empty property - still took 3 months - ridiculous.

It will happen - be patient
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jumpinjen View Post
    Oh that's nice, glad to hear that!!

We had an offer accepted on Easter weekend and we're just getting some signs that a date might be set for a fortnight's time - only 5 1/2 months down the line lol - I got stressed and now I've gone beyond it and have got lots sorted ready to go when we get the keys - we even went round and filled all the legal paperwork in for the lady selling it to help things along!!

Jen x
    You poor things! It's so frustrating.

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh feeling for you, there's nothing worse! I have lived in 40 homes in 40 years so well used to packing up a going - as suggested, start packing now - everything that isn't used day to day. Light fixtures, books, kitchen stuff you hardly use and toys, the moving day will be here soon and you'll be ready to roll!

Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

and some get up and go vibes ((((()))))

Aug 03
    Post Thanks / Like

We tried to sell our house earlier in the year had loads of interested and were offering silly prices, so have decided to stay even though I am not keen as I hate the neighbours we are joined to.

So good luck and it will happen really soon x x x
    Love
    Lorraine xx

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We took 2 months from first viewing to moving in on our first house - as we were first time buyers with a deposit. That was with Christmas and New year in the middle of it when everyone closed their offices

would hate to do it again now - such a stress. Fingers crossed for you that it all goes through soon
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Post Thanks / Like

Feeling tons better today, got out to the park with friends and out for lunch, it was lovely. Thanks all for your help yesterday, it really picked me up to share.

jumpinjen Guest

Good good, I spoke with my solicitor today and we are getting the ball rolling for mid September- only 15 months after we first started looking lol - our first buy as first timers only took 8 weeks and I naively thought that as we were strong financially it would be quick this time too but apparently not! The Leeds BS is now on my black list