Who says "Sorry" first?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Who says "Sorry" first?

This morning I was talking to DH and before I finished my sentence he jumped in and started moaning at me... I told him to shut up and let me finish... then told him to say sorry... which he did...

Then he started saying how stubborn I am, that I never say sorry and IF I am wrong (not often ) I just give him a kiss and act normal, but never say sorry lol

When I do apologise instead of "Sorry " it is "SORRY THERE I SAID IT, HAPPY NOW"

What are you like?

jun 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

If I am ever in the wrong (as if) then I do say sorry, but 99% of the time it is him.
    x helen

BucksCM Guest

I never say sorry because I'm never wrong.

Simples

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My husband cannot say that five letter word!!!

He will say 'I apologise' but never sorry!
    littletreasures xx

May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BucksCM View Post

Simples

me too, I only say sorry if I'm wrong...and that never happens

June 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't mind saying sorry I am wrong but I will not say it if I'm not. My dh has a habit of not being able to prove a point so I wont back down until he proves what I'm wrong about.

I'm a stubborn mare when I want to be and to be fair I live by the saying.... I'm not always right but I'm never wrong
    Crazy Crackers

dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

In all the years me and dh have been together he has only ever said sorry twice, it bugs me immensely that he will not say it, prime example, just before he left to go to Afghanistan he had a dining out in the mess now these are always lots of drink occasions but he stumbled in, not late as they start at lunch, completely paralytic, he'd fallen over his head was bleeding heavily from two cuts on his head, he wouldn't let me clean them up, I helped him up the stairs, he then was sick everywhere, he then decided to come back down the stairs of which he fell, he then went into the loo five mins later there was an almighty bang, he'd fallen off the loo into the shower, he then went back up the stairs with me behind him so he didn't fall, was sick again everywhere and then fell into the sick and then I managed to get him to bed, did he say sorry errr no.
    He bought me some flowers the next day but he never said sorry, and it still bugs me now. X

oct 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine never said sorry for anything, he always twisted it around making me out to be at fault.

Hence my imminent divorce lol

I am a bit stubborn and will want to argue the point but will concede if I am wrong.

Don't think men are born with the ability to admit they are wrong ha ha ha

July 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BucksCM View Post

Simples

Me neither

Hubby however never admits he is wrong and in the 16 years of being together he has only said sorry once!! I now say to him that I will accept his apology as a prompt!

Oh Nikki I remember those days and nights in the mess so well. Him saying I won't be late, then the drunken phone calls would come saying he's coming home soon, he'd eventually turn up at 7 in the morning So I feel your pain.

Carol xx

Oct 11.
    Latest Inspection Grade
    x Good x
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nikki thomson View Post
    In all the years me and dh have been together he has only ever said sorry twice, it bugs me immensely that he will not say it, prime example, just before he left to go to Afghanistan he had a dining out in the mess now these are always lots of drink occasions but he stumbled in, not late as they start at lunch, completely paralytic, he'd fallen over his head was bleeding heavily from two cuts on his head, he wouldn't let me clean them up, I helped him up the stairs, he then was sick everywhere, he then decided to come back down the stairs of which he fell, he then went into the loo five mins later there was an almighty bang, he'd fallen off the loo into the shower, he then went back up the stairs with me behind him so he didn't fall, was sick again everywhere and then fell into the sick and then I managed to get him to bed, did he say sorry errr no.
    He bought me some flowers the next day but he never said sorry, and it still bugs me now. X
    sounds like my oh, only difference is he sleeps where he falls and at 9am i have the music on loud. As soon as he wakes he's presented with cleaning equipment and he cleans up his own mess whilst being sick because he is extreamly hungover.
    call be a b**ch but its self inflicted and he will get no sympathy from me.

Once he didn't clean up and he was in the dog house for a week. he cooked his own meals, I didn't do any of his washing, left his parcel at the post office ect.
    He's obviously learned lol.
    You can’t have everything. Where would you put it?

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I also say sorry if I am wrong but my mum in law gave me a plaque for my desk which says, "Faults I may have being wrong isn't one of them"

What was even better was it belonged to my father in law before he died so she obviously knew what to look for!!!

Sam x

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I say sorry if I am wrong, but am usually right or I don't argue!

DH is terrible, hates saying sorry even if I prove him wrong - then I push the fact he should say sorry and he usually ends up swearing at me

silly things really like the time he opened a loaf of bread and it was mouldy, I said 'use the one in the cupboard' - he said it was, I said it was not, it was the wrong (old) one............and repeat for a few mins till he opened the cupboard and got the new loaf out as I had said in the first place - was he sorry? no way and ended up shouting and swearing at me! I won't say what I said after that
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littletreasures View Post
    My husband cannot say that five letter word!!!

He will say 'I apologise' but never sorry!
    That's what I do! It's not the same as saying sorry. I am so stubborn, sometimes I know I'm totally in the wrong and I want to say sorry but I just can't bring myself to say it! It's terrible isn't it! (only with hubby though!)

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

well Im never wrong so never say sorry
    Oh wont say sorry either if we have petty arguments, he only ever says it if he really knows hes upset me then he dose then I do .
    our problem is we both have to have the last word.

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nikki thomson View Post
    I was an Army wife and used to work in the all ranks bar, one night my friend who worked in the Officers mess was ill so I stood in for her... It was only a standard night of drinking, so I called time and cashed up. The Officers begged me to not close up and put their drinks on a Chit. They did a whip round for money to "pay" me to stay open for another hour... I got £60 for 1 hour

I knew some of their wives so the next day I took some of the wives out for lunch with the money, while the officers stayed at home nursing their hangover and the kids lol... Wives found it hilarious!