Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Really fed up today :(

Hmph.

Today was supposed to be a nice relaxing day, it is my birthday next week so my mum has paid for me to get my hair cut and coloured. Well I turned up at 11.25 for 11.30 appointment. Had to wait til 12.10 for anyone to actually see to me
    They asked if I would like a tea or coffee so I asked for a tea and they never brought me one.
    Then they were obviously rushed for time because they started on me so late, the colour is ok but the cut isn't what we discussed, I ask for my fringe to be trimmed which they did but it is sort of in an arc instead of straight across (which is what I like and asked for) and I was supposed to have layers - the hairdresser just did a trim, took a couple of inches off, no layers.
    I am not the sort to speak out, I never really go to the hairdressers anyway (once, maybe twice a year) and don't like to moan about the service I receive in places but I was there 3 hours and feel like my hair looks the same if not worse
    Then I came home and left my handbag on the floor (not really thinking as was disappointed with my hair) and DD got hold of it and broke it

FED UP!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Awww how can we cheer you up ready for your birthday?

How about a happy dance... join in now!

Hope that helps a little bit!

May 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sarah, that has helped, just told my mum and she is wanting to go in and tell them what she thinks now - she is upset because it was supposed to be my birthday "treat", not good to be on the wrong side of my mum!

Dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

You are not the only one who just nods their head and agrees with anything hairdresser says

Let your mum have a go at them .....go mum!

Now it's Friday night chill out have a wee sip of something lovely and enjoy your birthday when it comes
    XX Jill XX

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I think i would have a polite word with them, just say you feel a bit let down and are not happy with the service as it was a treat for your birthday.

They may offer you a free trim or conditioning treatment, you never know
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

May 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh well I have just received a text that has cheered me right up, it is from the mum of a little girl I have starting soon (she has been for settling in sessions) apparently she asked her mum if she could come over here to play, her mum said "that's making me feel happy about working with her feeling like that" How sweet, glad they are both so happy, must. be doing something right lol

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

It was not so very long ago that I could have written your OP! However I was in the hairdressers last week (a new one as mine is just too far to travel anymore) and I left advising the manager he was lucky I wasn't a mystery shopper They couldn't do enough for me then and agreed that they did have some staff training issues that needed to be resloved. I now have my next haircut for free!

I completely understand that it is not easy to speak your mind but if you never let people know about the things you are unhappy with then they will carry on doing exactly the same thing. Sounds like their customer service was shocking.

Really glad you are feeling happier and hope you have a lovely birthday next week x

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive also had hairdressers ruin my birthday in the past. Also not one to speak up. Give yourself a big hug. x

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

That happened to me before too and I was in tears when I got home. DH marched me back to complain so they agreed to put some highlights through my hair to improve the colour and then charged me! I'm not one to speak up either so paid and left. Never been back since!
    Maybe a phone call tomorrow (its easier on the phone!) if mum hasn't sorted it.

Happy Birthday for next week

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

If it was the other way round you would prefer parents to tell you they are not happy so you could put in right. Hairdressers are just the same. Pop back in and say how you understood they were really rushed but you are not happy you did not get what you asked for, they deserve the right to put things right, otherwise how can they know their service needs improving, go on, you will be doing them a favour.