Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: THE OLYMPICS

Post Thanks / Like

Default THE OLYMPICS

Will you be watching later

Or will you be avoiding like the plague?

Angel xx

Registered Childminder since
    July 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I won't be watching it but at the same time I won't be avoiding it either

Sport of any kind just doesn't interest us, although I do wish team GB the very best of luck getting those medals

Will you be watching Angel? In between finding Buttercup of course!!

Carol xx

Post Thanks / Like

Nope Carol I won't be watching

I'm painting and unpacking boxes,I will find Buttercup

Angel xx

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I will be watching, particulary the artistic gymnastics as my daughter used to train with them and we know Beth Tweddle and Kristian Thomas so will be shouting loudly for them !! already have our Team GB bunting and flags around the front of the house x I love it . Come on GB do us proud and get those medals xx

Apr 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I will be avoiding!

Actually I will look at the timetable and find out when the most popular ones will be on and make sure I go shopping during those times. Might be less busy.

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Games

Yes I wil be watching love sport

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Not sure about the opening ceremony think it goes on too long but will be watching love the olympics
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

opening ceremony usually goes on a bit

will watch some events and enjoy, love gymnastics, track events, swimming and rowing
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

TBH I'm not really bothered by it. Is that bad?
    DS (8) said he wants to watch the opening ceremony but I don't think it starts until 9pm which is a shame as it's a bit late and I thought it was a family thing. DS is really into it all, he's even going to watch the wrestling with his dad who's got tickets.
    All I care about is whether it's going to affect my soaps on the TV

xxx

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Might not be able to watch it tonight which is a shame as I kind of wanted to!

I am actually going to the Olympics though, albeit in Newcastle I'm taking my son and wee cousin to see Brazil play football on Wednesday, can't wait

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

TBH I'm not really bothered by it. Is that bad?
    No, that is not bad IMO.

I see very little good and quite a lot of bad in the Olympics. If there is anything good to be had out of, then it would already have been achieved by the amount of elite sport already going on in this country and on TV.

For some reason (possibly national insecurity) the British seem addicted to whatever is the latest media-driven excuse for a mass bandwagon jump: royal weddings, Jubilympics, you name it.

The Romans used to give out 'bread and circuses' to keep the plebs happy and keep their minds off the way they were being misruled. We just get the circuses.

If this recession goes on much longer, and with no more princes left to marry off, they might be forced to kill off one of the royals to give us the next mass-hysteria event.

DS (8) said he wants to watch the opening ceremony but I don't think it starts until 9pm which is a shame as it's a bit late and I thought it was a family thing.
    A family thing? What on earth gave you that impression? It's a money thing. They make a lot more profit by timing it so the live telecasts go out at peak time in the countries with the biggest TV audiences, therefore making money out of all the big advertisers. Convenient for all the Olympic sponsors too: you know, all those multinational fast-food and soft drinks companies whose products promote th healthy lifestyles we want for our children.
    Last edited by bunyip; 27-07-2012 at 10:19 AM.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    No, that is not bad IMO.

I see very little good and quite a lot of bad in the Olympics. If there is anything good to be had out of, then it would already have been achieved by the amount of elite sport already going on in this country and on TV.

For some reason (possibly national insecurity) the British seem addicted to whatever is the latest media-driven excuse for a mass bandwagon jump: royal weddings, Jubilympics, you name it.

The Romans used to give out 'bread and circuses' to keep the plebs happy and keep their minds off the way they were being misruled. We just get the circuses.

If this recession goes on much longer, and with no more princes left to marry off, they might be forced to kill off one of the royals to give us the next mass-hysteria event.

A family thing? What on earth gave you that impression? It's a money thing. They make a lot more profit by timing it so the live telecasts go out at peak time in the countries with the biggest TV audiences, therefore making money out of all the big advertisers. Convenient for all the Olympic sponsors too: you know, all those multinational fast-food and soft drinks companies whose products promote th healthy lifestyles we want for our children.
    So you will be avidly watching it then
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I won't be watching it. It's really not a thing that holds any interest for me. In fact it totally bores me....most kinds of competition does. Although I do love my ice hockey and my WWE I do enjoy to read the blogs of those doing ironman and multiple discipline activities, I just don't find the olympic thing interesting or inspiring.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ceremony opens at 2012pm. That is why all the bells were rung at 8.12am this morning 12 hours before the opening.

Yes I will watch the opening and closing ceremonies. They make me laugh because they are such a fiasco!

None of the wonderful orchestras will be really playing their music for instance, it was all recorded in studios months ago. When it was recorded it was not conducted so having a Famous Conductor out on stage tonight is for show only they will not be doing anything!!

The orchestras will appear to be playing but they have all gone out and bought cheap instruments because the stage is out in the open they have covered the holes in the violins with cling film so the violins dont fill with water if it rains. What a complete joke when we are putting on show one of the best Orchestras in the world, oh and the best bit the organisers wanted the musicians to perform for free

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not massively in to sport, never bothered about the Olympics before now, but I am super patriotic so will be TEAM GB all the way

We are having friends round tonight for an Olympic theme evening with lots of drinks, watching the ceremony then ATTEMPTING to play Mario and Sonic Olympic Games while intoxicated

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be watching it from behind my fingers. Trying not to laugh too much. I cant wait for the farm animals to misbehave ;-). But I wont watch any of the rest of it as im with Bunyip and find it all a big waste of money.
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah: patriotism, Team GB, the medals table. I'd forgotten.

Not sure where the "my nation is better than your nation because I was born here" argument fits into my promotion of equality and diversity.

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking forward to it all. I'm letting Rose stay up to watch the opening ceremony. We have pizza, popcorn and chocolate.
    love Sarah.

LOOPYLISA Guest

Yes

May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be picking and choosing what I watch, gymnsatics and diving are my favourites.
    Shame they don't do egg and spoon, hoop, sack, bean bag and skipping race my lo's loved doing our version of the olympics yesterday

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast