Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 18 weeks and travel sick

I am 18 weeks pregnant have had no symptoms up till now. But for the last 3 weeks I have been unable to leave the house due to terrible car sickness. I cant even make it to the village a 10 minute drive away. Have tried the travel bands but they don't work asked the midwife and she was unable to surgery anything. Anyone else had this problem and found something that works. Iam now really bored of staying at home all the time.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You could look into taking Phenergan tablets.

I used to take Phenergan medicine as a child. It was the only thing that worked for my travel sickness. I was prescribed it when I was 21 and had bad shingles, then again through 3 of my pregnancies to help with morning sickness.

It does take a bit of time to work & can cause drowsiness, so you'd have to speak to a doctor before taking it.

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 04
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to eat ginger biscuits or drink ginger tea 40 mins before going in a car, and that did help