YOUR 2012 HOLIDAYS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default YOUR 2012 HOLIDAYS

Have you been on holiday yet if so where did you go

Do you have a holiday booked if so where are you going?

Are you having a weekend away or a few days?

Or are you not going away this year?

Angel xx

Registered Childminder since
    May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Not been yet but booked the last full week of september off, first holdiay in 3 years and was very nervous about telling the parents but it's all be fine!!!

We've not booked anywhere yet, we're doing a last minute thing and my conditions are;
    no children
    lots of wine
    hot
    nice pool

We're also having a long weekend camping in August for the Bristol hot air balloon fiesta, we went last year and it was amazing

Aug 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We went to Greece in the June half term, absolutely lovely.

I am also off the last 2 weeks of August, we are going to Austria - where my husband was born. We go every year for the same 2 weeks and it feels like a second home. We dive there, although this will be the first time we have gone by Channel Tunnel.

Okay now you may think we are being greedy, but my MIL pays for our family and my BIL's family to go to a farm just outside of Bude for the October half term. This can go from relaxing to stressful according to MIL mood

Myself and my DH are going to enjoy these last few holidays as a full family of 5, as our children are getting older DD is now 18 and will probably not join us next year

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lozzy23 View Post
    We went to Greece in the June half term, absolutely lovely.

I am also off the last 2 weeks of August, we are going to Austria - where my husband was born. We go every year for the same 2 weeks and it feels like a second home. We dive there, although this will be the first time we have gone by Channel Tunnel.

Okay now you may think we are being greedy, but my MIL pays for our family and my BIL's family to go to a farm just outside of Bude for the October half term. This can go from relaxing to stressful according to MIL mood

Myself and my DH are going to enjoy these last few holidays as a full family of 5, as our children are getting older DD is now 18 and will probably not join us next year

we had our last holiday as a family of 4 this year - 2 weeks on our usual farm in Cornwall.
    DD is now 18 and decided when we were there that it would be her last I knew the time would come but still felt a bit sad. We have been going there since she was 10. On the up side - as we are now a man(or woman) down we can hire the smaller more luxury cottage for the 3 of us - 4* with spa bath and super king sized bed for us DS gets the sofa bed but that means he gets the TV so he is happy too

will go to Essex coast to visit mum in the summer hols and maybe stay for a week. Not exactly a holiday but want to make the most of time before her alzheimers takes her memory of us away for good

Oh! and a weekend in Bournemouth booked with 2 girl friends - we go a couple of times a year for fun times/bingo/eating/drinking/shopping in no particular order!!
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I will go on Eurotrip with my husband, i want to go in Italy, this is my favourite country i realy love it, i love the people , the nature , food everything ... and also i will go to Australia again, the Heaven is there

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

we're off to menorca in 4 weeks, for a week. i can't wait. we've had the last few years holidays in the uk, and i do love holidaying in th UK, but i need some sun and warmth! or just no rain !!!

i've then got another week off and am planning not much! we seem to have people staying loads over the summer, but whilst its nice to seem them, we never get 'just us/family' time. sound like a grump don't i! just that everyone who comes is 'having a little holiday' and so we end up going out and being busy all the time!

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We've had 2 weeks in Cyprus in May, and go to Majorcar in 5 weeks time to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary.

We go Thomson Gold not a child in sight in hotels so unless you go out you can go for 2 weeks without seeing a child

This weekend off to friends for airshow at fairford, we sit in garden with plenty of food and drink and then go in the hot tub and watch airplanes go overhead just hope rain stops,
    Cath

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Pip so happy you are getting your family holiday hon. Did you decide on Disneyland or not yet??

I'm lucky and only work 2 days per week in the school hols so feel very lucky to have a regular 'break' from work but we are actually going away in the Summer to Cyprus for 12 days - can't wait
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Going to France (Brittanny) booked shally,
    can't wait, but ........ I will sadly miss my cousins wedding in London would have been more fun at the wedding which takes 5 days filled with fun, :dressing, dancing, henna night and many more aaaah!!!......
    well I am sure we shall enjoy our lovely holiday too!!!

apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

No holiday for us this year. We go alternate years and recently booked two weeks multi centre in Florida, Orlando and Clearwater beach for next August. It's going to be a long old wait till then.

Plus I'm moving this summer holidays, so a holiday is out of the question.

Would love a week off to myself with no distractions....I can but dream

Nov 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

We got back from Orlando a few weeks ago and I'm really suffering with the Disney Blues. I wish I could live over there!

We had a fantastic time; me, DH, DS and DD plus my mum, dad and sister. We stayed in a villa with our own private pool, did all the Disney parks, Seaworld, Aquatica, Busch Gardens, Universal, Islands of Adventure, etc etc! SUCH an amazing time. I reeeeeeeally want to go back! Planning again for 2014!

aug 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

I came back from Puerto Rica ,Gran Canaria at 1 this morning ,was back working at 7.30 ,so tired tonight. Have had plenty of weekends in Scotland this year

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jumping Jax View Post
    Not been yet but booked the last full week of september off, first holdiay in 3 years and was very nervous about telling the parents but it's all be fine!!!

We've not booked anywhere yet, we're doing a last minute thing and my conditions are;
    no children
    lots of wine
    hot
    nice pool

We're also having a long weekend camping in August for the Bristol hot air balloon fiesta, we went last year and it was amazing
    Thomson gold, or thomson couples are fab we go every year, not a child in sight in hotel
    Cath

Jan 03
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jumping Jax View Post

no children
    lots of wine
    hot
    nice pool

When is the balloon festival? I was at poly in Bristol and went - It was fantastic and I would love to take my family. Had forgotten all about it - Thanks for reminding me

July 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I came back yesterday from a no children allowed cruise round Turkey and Greece.

It was great, don't get me wrong I love children (of course) but not to have them on the boat was bliss.

The places we went to were fantastic and I can thoroughly reccommend Thomsons Cruises, the shows were out of this world and everyone was so friendly.

Enjoy your holidays where ever you go
    Cherry x

July 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

You know where we are going and Buttercup is coming too

We're off to Disney, Florida in just over 6 weeks time

Can't wait as it's the first holiday we've had for 6 years. Not quite the relaxing holiday we could do with but we're going to have a fab time.

Carol xx

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We are off to Halkidiki in Greece, 3 weeks today
    We are going for 2 weeks and then another week off work when we get back
    Can't wait, counting the days

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Playmate View Post
    We are off to Halkidiki in Greece, 3 weeks today
    We are going for 2 weeks and then another week off work when we get back
    Can't wait, counting the days

How lovely - where about in Halkidiki do you go - we used to go every year for about 10 years - haven't been for 2 years but have booked to go back next year

Marian x

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We don't normally do holidays in our house - don't really get the point. But this year we are trying it, it's my 40th and my twins 16th birthday 2 days apart, so we have booked a week at mablethorpe . (was meant to be Skegness, but clicked the wrong link lol).
    It means we are close to my piercing lady cos I have 5 piercings booked for my birthday .

I was asking my husband this morning about holidays, saying you seem to either have our kind of weather - cold and wet, or stupidly hot weather but nowhere in between. My 6 year old took it literally and reminded me the ocean is in between!
    So maybe a cruise in a few years lol.

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by singingcactus View Post
    We don't normally do holidays in our house - don't really get the point. But this year we are trying it, it's my 40th and my twins 16th birthday 2 days apart, so we have booked a week at mablethorpe . (was meant to be Skegness, but clicked the wrong link lol).
    It means we are close to my piercing lady cos I have 5 piercings booked for my birthday .

I was asking my husband this morning about holidays, saying you seem to either have our kind of weather - cold and wet, or stupidly hot weather but nowhere in between. My 6 year old took it literally and reminded me the ocean is in between!
    So maybe a cruise in a few years lol.
    Mablethorpe is lovely

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast