A trial for my daughter....

Hybrid View

jumpinjen Guest

I hope so too Sarah but I fear that the ranks will close and nothing will be done! I posted my letter this afternoon, and contacted the British Gym association about it also - feel better now!

It's turning into one of those weeks lol!

Jen x

Non childminder member
    ex-childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope your daughter is OK. XX
    Come back David....

jumpinjen Guest

you know what Nanny? I think she'd forgotten about it already, it's me that is more upset and concerned and cross with the other parents who let it happen to their children and never challenge her - if they all challenged her, she'd have to change her ways! x

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh hunny! Want to send you a big hug and one for the little lady too! Go get em Jen! Try and find out about the one at lilleshall xx
    Monkey by Name........Monkey by Nature!

jumpinjen Guest

Thanks Monkey, I do write a tidy letter of complaint when the mood takes me, even if I say so myself - made me feel better to get it off my chest anyway!

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Go Jen!

I used to do gym - not at a high level (not good enough ) but member of local club. The coach had her daughter in the club and she was really harsh on her - scared me. If the child fell off the beam doing a difficult move she was made to get straight back on and do it again (the reasoning being if you leave it you won't want to get back on)even if she had scrapes down her leg and was welling up in tears.

Luckily she was never so harsh with anyone else

This was in the late 1970s and I like to think this have improved
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Hang on, a full grown woman versus a five year old...no contest. After a hard day at school and then to be treated like that. My daughter is five and I know how tired she gets...that's disgusting.

jumpinjen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nipper View Post
    Hang on, a full grown woman versus a five year old...no contest. After a hard day at school and then to be treated like that. My daughter is five and I know how tired she gets...that's disgusting.
    We home ed Nipper but at five she doesn't 'do' resting up with gym in mind - and you are right, if she is pitting herself against a five year old, she's off centre as it isn't any contest - luckily the girls were booked in for the summer school at our local gym club already paid for so there is gym classes to go to, which i'm hoping will build her confidence again!