for an elite performance squad with a gymnastics team - last night - and the head coach, she liked her, said she had ability, said she was very strong and that she would pick up the bits she can't do (cos of not so hot local gym club) really quickly - it was a two hour training session and I was so proud of her during that time I was almost crying - I wasn't allowed down near the floor, I had to be up in a viewing gallery and my daughter is under the weather and her asthma is playing up and I wasn't sure she'd be up for it. She showed me a side of her I'd never seen before as she truly rose to the challenge, she tried her heart out and showed a maturity and poise well beyond her age - she now has a further four week trial and if it goes well then she's in - this club has an athlete going to the olympics and several youngsters with development funding as they are so good - it's such an exciting opportunity for her and it happened completely by chance!! i e-mailed my parents to tell them that car is ending early fore the next four weeks on Wednesdays - I said I understood if they wanted another minder etc etc, possibly lots of you will think me really unprofessional for doing it with so little notice but my daughter comes first adn this kind of chance only comes around once!
Jen x