Where on earth is my remote control?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Where on earth is my remote control?

ARGH!!!!!!! I am losing the will to live now... I have lost my remote to my TV. The last channel to be on was Disney Jnr. I had to change the channel by the box. I have hunted high and low... in the fridge, cupboard, cooker, microwave (ya never know ) the toy boxes, under the sofa, the shoe cupboard, toilet, kids bag, bedroom, bathroom.... ARGH.... Where the is it????

How the does a remote disappear? I mean come on... seriously... I have at least another 20 grey hairs now stressing about this this dumb remote... I am not even 30 yet

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*and breath*

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh I feel your pain!

Pull the sofa/chairs out?
    Check the bin?
    In with the books?

toddlers896 Guest

check your shoes.my wee one puts her dummy and other things in shoes and its not till i put them on that i find what ime after

pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

once packed mine (unknowingly)away with the christmas decs!! found it next dec

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I had to ring up parent of one of minded children once cos I knew he had hid it from the other children. Mum had to ring him on his mobile to ask where it was and low and behold he could tell me exactly where it was

Cx

jun 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Graham
    Assistant to d' ex boss

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps one of lo's took it home

Have you tried your handbag?

If all else fails put it on the channel you want and when little ones want their programmes on you can say "can't change it the remote is lost" you either get to watch all your programs or it may miraculously reappear

Hope it turns up
    Cath

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you really trying to sell me something????? SERIOUSLY.... HONESTLY... Selling to a demented woman who just wants to find her remote...NOW!!!

pfft..... Men!!!! The words... stable door and horse bolting spring to mind.

Although once I find it and calm down, send me that link again

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

ours disappeared for 3 months once. then one morning (I was first downstairs) it just appeared on the arm of the sofa I asked DH if he'd found it the night before and put it there but he hadn't!

empty all your toy boxes, the things I've foudn in my box of toy food
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I just know full well I have found my remote a million times and have probably stared right at it, but in my stressyness I am just not "seeing" it...

Ugh... I hate not winning... especially if it mean I am losing to an inanimate object... flipping thing I can see it now laughing at me in it's hiding place... never did like hide and seek lol.

REMOTE =
    ME =

coffee-time Guest

i lost mine once, bought a new one online and within a couple of days found the lost one down the side of the settee! I had to dig right down in there and have a feel around! mine was disgusting its surprising what gets down in there!!! found quite a bit of loose change too!
    hope you find it soon

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, now I understand what your other thread was about

I lost mine years ago (remote that is) I am sure it some how got thrown out when getting back to normal after christmas! It is the remote for the tv I use for the mindees in the dining room and I know it can't have gone down the back of the sofa because it has loose covers that I take off for washing!!! Its really annoying especially as it has dvd and video built in and I just get lo's sat down to watch a dvd while I give baby bottle or try to get to sleep only to have to get up to press button to play