Impetigo
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Impetigo

Pipsqueak Guest

Default Impetigo

Whats the exclusion for Impetigo - when you are taking anti'b's.

James has it, and school weren't bothered about him being of school (three guesses how come he got in the first place then!), the doctor said a week, the pharmacist has said 48hrs after anti'bs have started.... exclusions - until the lesions have crusted....

arrrghghhh - what would you say?

the lesions aren't fully crusted and he appears to have 'more' on the inside of his ear although I can't really tell properly, he is on anti'bs and has been for over 48hrs, it can't be covered (as suggested by school) due to it being in awkward places on his face (round his ear area and on his cheek)... so shall I be mean to school (seeing as that is where he got it from in the first place - the teacher informs me 'oh X had that the other day - his mum just covered it with a plaster') and send him or not....

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

most say on antibiotics and when crusted but usually 48 hours does the trick. if the patch in his ear is a secondary patch and not just spreading out from original then I'd say he might need stronger anti-biotics hon.

Any of yours have eczema, sometimes a dab of steroid cream can nip a small patch in the bud before it sets in properly
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Jan 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a child with it & sure docs & guidance said 48 hrs after start of anti-b.

xx

dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd ask at reception if they think it looks ok, our children's school has a strict policy on impetigo if it's still weeping they won't have them and there's no point taking them on the off chance as soon as they see it they ring you up and tell you to collect them.
    My dd and ds have never had it but I know plenty who have. X

Pipsqueak Guest

thanks for that guys - think he will be back at school tomorrow.

nov 02
    Post Thanks / Like

has he got oral antibiotics?? my son had this years ago and fucidin antibiotic cream works wonders