'' hes had a little adventure'' - overreacting or not?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

That is horrendous! So glad your little boy can swim as could so easily have had a nasty outcome

LOOPYLISA Guest

Thank god he could swim

No if it were me he wouldnt be going again anytime soon x

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That is awful - I actually feel quite sick at the thought.

Wow well done to your ds though for managing to swim to the side.

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

It's made my blood run cold just thinking about it...a little adventure?
    I don't think I would have reacted properly straight away if I had been you, but given time, my goodness...

VINASOL Guest

OMG!

And the parent didn't even phone you immediately after it happened, she just dropped him home as if nothign had happened. Did I read that right?

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VINASOL View Post
    OMG!

And the parent didn't even phone you immediately after it happened, she just dropped him home as if nothign had happened. Did I read that right?
    Afraid so.
    Have seen her since and she seems incredibly flippant about the whole thing. Feel a little sorry for Q and his friend M though as Q wont be going again!

VINASOL Guest

I don't blame you, but what about all the other little children that he has over for play dates? How safe are they!

This is so frightening and if it'd happened to us CMs we would be in serious trouble....

Post Thanks / Like

I am very shocked that they let this happen and I would personally be worried about what may have been in the lake and how that could have affected your little one. I too would never let him play there again and rightly or wrongly let other people she has over know what happened.

mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Im extremely shocked at this!!!!

My brothers best friend fell into a lake when he was 14, his foot got stuck in some sort of underwater plant and he died.

Im glad you ds is ok. xxx

VINASOL Guest

Quote Originally Posted by desiderata View Post
    I am very shocked that they let this happen and I would personally be worried about what may have been in the lake and how that could have affected your little one. I too would never let him play there again and rightly or wrongly let other people she has over know what happened.

I think if it were me, I'd be contacting SS. Surely this is neglect from your lo's friend's parents? ('failing to protect a child from physical and emotional harm or danger)? I think some serious and harsh words need to be said to this parent...how many examples have we had of children who have drowned and could easily have been prevented.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VINASOL View Post
    I think if it were me, I'd be contacting SS. Surely this is neglect from your lo's friend's parents? ('failing to protect a child from physical and emotional harm or danger)? I think some serious and harsh words need to be said to this parent...how many examples have we had of children who have drowned and could easily have been prevented.
    Whereas I agree that the OP shouldnt be sending her son again and the mum shouldnt be so flippant about the situation.

I totally disagree about SS being called. It was an unfortunate accident and whereas it could have been avoided it not like the parents themselves were pratting by the water.

Where do we stop if people start reporting accident a child falls down the stairs at a friends mum shouldnt have let them up etc should that be reported.

OP I wouldnt be letting my son go again and yes I feel for the children involved as they will be the ones who suffer most and wont really understand until years gone by
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

VINASOL Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Whereas I agree that the OP shouldnt be sending her son again and the mum shouldnt be so flippant about the situation.

I totally disagree about SS being called. It was an unfortunate accident and whereas it could have been avoided it not like the parents themselves were pratting by the water.

Where do we stop if people start reporting accident a child falls down the stairs at a friends mum shouldnt have let them up etc should that be reported.

OP I wouldnt be letting my son go again and yes I feel for the children involved as they will be the ones who suffer most and wont really understand until years gone by
    Sorry but I do think it's a little different from falling down the stairs, falling over in a park etc etc. The parents were a 100 yards away; as a parent of a 5 year old, to me that's too far from two little children near open water without any life preservers or anything like that.

Anyway, it is just my opinion and something that I would personally do if it happened to my child. I felt that this was such a serious case of misjudgement that something needed to be recorded.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post

I would have the other child over to play if they are friends, but refuse to let my child go to theirs. I have done this with my dd, she was invited over to a friends and when I went to pick her up parents had gone out and left the two girls alone in the house with a male lodger. And his 60 a day fag habit.
    Don't be afraid to tell them why either, maybe it will bring them to their senses before the unthinkable happens one day.
    Hope you and your son are ok x

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

As said before. There is no reason they can't be friends just always have the playdates at yours.
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12