Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    June 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have many hobbies which I flit between.

I love baking, any type of craft (I'm back into cross stitch at the moment), Antiques (mainly Art Deco) but in the past I have done knitting, lace making, glass painting, watercolour painting, silk painting.....I could go on forever

I quite fancy having a go at Jam making, so watch this space
    Toothfairy

Jan 03
    Post Thanks / Like

I like reading, doing jigsaw puzzles, cross stitch and walking. I don't get much time to do these as normally too tiered at end of day and too busy at weekends but I try!

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

When I get the chance it is hiking/walking, mostly sections of the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path and the Brecon Beacons.
    Why hasn't Gary Barlow come to my rescue yet?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

as I have been having driving lessons for 3 years on and off it seems like thats my hobby ! a very expensive and frustrating one at that

Apr 12
    Post Thanks / Like

As I'm still new into my childminding and have yet to have any mindees - I still have time to myself.

I love to cross stitch and make a lot to sell; I also love scrapbooking although not had as much time to do this; I have just got into baking and cooking from scratch; I am the chair of the PA for my son's school which takes up some time too.

My all time favourite it reading though. I can get through 3 or 4 books a week (even 1 a day if I do nothing else )

Ok, this has got me thinking - how am I going to be able to do any of this once I'm childminding?????

x

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a hobby as such - although snake keeping seems to be classed as a hobby, I call my snakes my pets, so not really a hobby in my eyes.

I love online roleplay gaming, currently beta testing a new patch for one game. (sadly not the great upgrade we were led to believe).

My teens have just secured funding for a tabletop wargaming club, so might well go join in with that sometimes.....but they are more social pastimes than hobbies.

But today, my hobby seems to be saying - NO, you cannot kick the cat, climb on the table, jump on your friends head, tell me what to do, throw toys, wee in the toy box......aarrggghhhhhh.

(honest to god, I just had to tell him not to lick the snails! In what other job do words like that ever come out of your mouth!!)

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I like my cardmaking and scrapbooking, but struggle to find the time....no actually I could find the time if I got off here and FB

I also enjoy reading and at the weekend as a family we enjoy walking and nature. Hopefully the rain will ease off this weekend so we can go to the local bluebell woods and see if they are ready, actually will go even if its raining

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I have discovered the joys of the gym... sometimes the poor threadmill takes a pounding (not long mind you I am not that fit) when I have had a bad day at work... I also love Reiki and do this in my spare time (not alot of that these days)
    Tess1981

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by singingcactus View Post

(honest to god, I just had to tell him not to lick the snails! In what other job do words like that ever come out of your mouth!!)
    that just made me laugh out loud! sounds like you are having a good day!

may 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Horses were my life before marriage and children.
    I miss them terribly. I will never ride again, due to my hips and anyway , I'd need a carthorse now, not my beautiful thoroughbreds
    My hobby now is cake making. Big celebration cakes, wacky, sparkly, silly or contemporary. I would love to make a living by designing and making cakes. I'm making Penny 1959's daughters wedding cake at the end of this year, it's gonna be a big un! Can't let Penny down can I !! ( or her daughter and fiance )
    Carol xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12