Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cat poo

Registered Childminder since
    nov 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Default cat poo

i am sooo fed up with next doors cats going in my garden, we have a little barked area with the playhouse on but discovered next doors cat where going inside and pooing in there, so this week we've been off so we've moved the house, shovelled up all the bark and put some lawn down, well this morning i've just been out in the garden and the dirty little git has done it slap bang in the middle of the new lawn instead its obviously got used to going in this area does anyone have any ideas how i can stop them?? i've previously tried tinfoil, orange peel, pepper, bottles of water, chasing them with a brush, throwing water at them!!! they just keep coming back!! wouldnt mind but i hate cats.....my friend says they should have been traqined as kittens but i dont know anything about cats! oh and the othere thing is i dont talk to my neightbour so makes it worse!!

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Get a dog?

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bridey View Post
    Get a dog?

I second that! Havent had a cat in my garden since getting my 2 dogs LOL

Bit extreme though

BucksCM Guest

Do you have a man about the house? Or even boys?
    My friend was having problems with foxes and another with cats. The first one told me what she did and I passed it on to the second...and now she's cat free!

May sound wacky but it works!!

Get a male to pee around the boundary of your garden!

The friend I told is a senior, so rather than go out and actually pee, fill a jar or something and sprinkle.
    The friend that told me has four boys and the garden is not overlooked...they just used to go out and do it when they needed a wee!! (She has lots of animals so needed something animal friendly...as well as child friendly!)

Try it!
    Last edited by BucksCM; 13-04-2012 at 11:03 AM.

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Its a nice day, stoke up the bbq, have some friends over and ... have a piddle party!

June86
    Post Thanks / Like

Its a nice day, stoke up the bbq, have some friends over and ... have a piddle party!

BucksCM Guest

make sure it's just the men that pee though!!

nov 02
    Post Thanks / Like

some of these answers
    i may suggest to hubbie to pee in a pot to sprinkle around, think if he just goes out to do it other neighbours may get a shock!!
    daughter would love a dog but think i'd rather have the cat poo

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Grrr its my pet hate at the mo.

They are doing it all over my garden on the lawn and in the borders!

it should be law that all cats are litter trained!

June 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Next door but 1 have a damn cat and we were away at the weekend and we had a "parcel" by the front door and then we went out the back and there was one there too. Just this morning I caught it digging up my pots that we planted herb seeds in every time we go outside we find a parcel and it's driving me up the wall at the mo
    Crazy Crackers

JUL 08
    Post Thanks / Like

was it red pepper u used?You can use citrus essence or if feeling really brave.........lion/tiger manure!!!! good luck

nov 02
    Post Thanks / Like

i told my husband to throw it back over the next doors fence, its obviously not going in its own garden so theyre not bothered, but he wouldnt!! and seeing as he was cleaning it up there wasnt much i could do!! i just put a pot of pepper down and i have some oranges/peel to put out later! i thought that they only went were they could dig -hence it going in the bark- but this was on the lawn, do they always go in one place??

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I too like you thought cats like to dig and cover their poo, but in our garden they happily do it on the lawn and on the shail.

We got lavendar plants which are in pots so i can move them around the garden as they are supposed not to like them, as well as citrus scented sticks. We also put on the walls and on top of the fence some stuff from Asda called gel off i think (green gel cyrstals), and anyway we have not had a cat problem for over 4 months now.

My partner also religiously for 3 weeks kept putting pepper on the lawn where they had favored, and they have left that alone too.

BucksCM Guest

[QUOTE=karens knippers;1084018]was it red pepper u used?You can use citrus essence or if feeling really brave.........lion/tiger manure!!!! good luck[/QUOTE]

Made me giggle! Might not be the easiest of things to get though!

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Dried lion poo is available online! Some zoos sell it too. It isnt a matter of litter training them, we always had trays for ours and one just ignores it unless it is raining. Cats dont do as they are told like dogs. You can buy stuff that cleans up the mess and leaves a nasty smell, check petshops online. My gran got a stinky plant that got rid of the cat that went in her garden, problem was it wasnt very pleasant for humans either.

BucksCM Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gigglinggoblin View Post
    Dried lion poo is available online! Some zoos sell it too. It isnt a matter of litter training them, we always had trays for ours and one just ignores it unless it is raining. Cats dont do as they are told like dogs. You can buy stuff that cleans up the mess and leaves a nasty smell, check petshops online. My gran got a stinky plant that got rid of the cat that went in her garden, problem was it wasnt very pleasant for humans either.
    When I read that first sentence it reads like you have trained your lions to use a litter tray!!

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course I have, havent you trained your lions?

BucksCM Guest

QUOTE=gigglinggoblin;1084141]Of course I have, havent you trained your lions?[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like

We have had this problem for years In the row of houses behind June and I there are about 8 cats and they all seem to love using our gardens as a toilet!!! It has got to the stage now where I don't have any borders as I have turfed them all to stop them, but they either go on the lawn or even in the big plant pots

Its so annoying, if someone let their dog do their business on someone elses garden they would soon be told!!!

If I wanted to pet to clear up after I'd get my own!!!! My SIL has always had cats and trains them to use a litter tray why can't everyone else???

No help at all, but I thought I'd let you know you're not alone

Post Thanks / Like

I am having this problem to, I have just had a garden revamp and they are ruining it already, spent about £40 recently on things to try and stop them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast