THE DUKAN DIET .... ANYONE DOING THIS?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default THE DUKAN DIET .... ANYONE DOING THIS?

http://www.dukandiet.co.uk/

Do any of you do this if so can you tell me more about it ... seems you have to register on the site for more information

How much is it

What foods are you allowed

Do you think its easy or the same as any other diet?

If you are on it do you feel hungry, have you lost much weight?

Or is it just another different diet to try?

Angel xx

Registered Childminder since
    July 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Does Natsnippers do this diet? I'm sure she does and is doing really well

Not sure what it is though as I haven't looked at the link yet.

Carol xx

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I think Nat and Tammy do it

Hoping they come and tell me about it

Angel xx

04 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard a little about it, but it didn't sound my cup of tea, too far away from normal eating, so when you stop it all goes to pot again Done that type of thing too many times already! I have joined the biggest loser club online, get a calorie counted diet plan that is customisable, a daily diary that counts calories for you and an exersize plan too - I'm loving it so far - lots of yummy recipies and have lost about 4-5lb so far, a good start
    [I]Sharon
    *****proofed the house but they're still getting in!!

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

My mother did it for a while last year, she did ok and llost sme weight but I cannot understand any diet where you need to cut out food groups to lose weight. Seems odd to me when there are enough diets around which are more like healthy eating then dieting

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowMum View Post
    I heard a little about it, but it didn't sound my cup of tea, too far away from normal eating, so when you stop it all goes to pot again Done that type of thing too many times already! I have joined the biggest loser club online, get a calorie counted diet plan that is customisable, a daily diary that counts calories for you and an exersize plan too - I'm loving it so far - lots of yummy recipies and have lost about 4-5lb so far, a good start
    Yes I had heard that was supposed to be good I will take a look

Angel xx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ajs View Post
    My mother did it for a while last year, she did ok and llost sme weight but I cannot understand any diet where you need to cut out food groups to lose weight. Seems odd to me when there are enough diets around which are more like healthy eating then dieting
    Yes I know what you mean,I prefer to do what I want to do and just cut down and stop eating all the junk that I eat

I just want to know why everyone thinks this diet is so good

What happens after when you go back to normal eating isn't it harder then?

Angel xx

onceinabluemoon Guest

I did it last year, I lost a huge amount of weight really quickly and then just stopped.

When it hit watchdog last year (the personalised diet you pay for is not personalised at all) I looked into it a lot more deeply and found it can be very damaging to your body so stopped immediately. When I was on it I felt sick and had a headache a lot of the time, but I did lose weight (which has now gone back on)

04 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Having been on many diets over the years I have found that no diet works second time round for me - I've done really well on slimming world, WW, cambridge etc but when I break the cycle I can never get back into it. I am really enjoying this one because its new to me (style wise) so keeping my interest, the food is yummy and you can easily swap items you dont like or use your own recipies if you want. There will be charts that plot my progress and as I gave up alchohol last year (which was a big factor in my creeping weight) I'm hopefull what I lose will stay off this time
    [I]Sharon
    *****proofed the house but they're still getting in!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a little about it, I would not do it, to me its not healthy at all, but that's me, would be better doing red days on slimming world

http://mydukandiet.com/
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14020154
    http://blogs.howstuffworks.com/2010/...an-diet-works/

Dawn xx

Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

I have not done it, but I know 2 people who did. One has stuck to it religiously and has kept the weight off; the other did it, lost a shedload of weight but did not stick to it, and has put some of it back.

It is very restrictive, and in my view was more hassle than it was worth-not to mention it being unhealthy since you have to stop eating certain foods. The website was a nightmare to navigate-I popped on it once, got soooo confused, I never went back!!!

Years ago, I found WW easy to follow, and I swapped foods round if I didn't fancy what was on the menu!!!

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mayberry View Post
    Just a little about it, I would not do it, to me its not healthy at all, but that's me, would be better doing red days on slimming world

http://mydukandiet.com/
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14020154
    http://blogs.howstuffworks.com/2010/...an-diet-works/

Dawn xx
    This is what I have had recommended to me by the dietician....shame I'M a veggie so no good for me!!!
    If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maisiemog View Post
    This is what I have had recommended to me by the dietician....shame I'M a veggie so no good for me!!!
    I'm not a slimming world fan but just looked up red days and you can still use the principle as a veggie! Stay away from bread, pasta, potato (and bisuits, cakes, pies, etc, of course) eat lots of veg, add a serving of beans/nuts/pulses to 2 meals a day. If you eat eggs and /or fish that's fine and good too.

Important: one or two meals per week you should allow yourself something from off your diet.

July 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have tried the Dukan Diet and while I agree it isnt very heathy so you couldnt sustain it for long, although I was taking multi vits and Oat Bran every day it is great to get started and you can initially loose lots of weight!!

I lost 11lbs in the first 3 weeks.

The best thing is that initially for a certain number of days, depending on how much weight you want to lose, you have protein only (from a list which you can find free online) . . . so for example I was having salmon and scrambled egg for breakie, delicious!!! . . . for lunch some FAT FREE cottage cheese with a grilled steak and possibly piri piri chicken for tea!! . . . but the BEST BIT was that I was not hungry at all . . . I actually had to force myself to eat, which for me is a miracle!!! . . . eventually some days I only had a mullerlight for breakie or a boiled egg with a couple rashes of bacon.

After your protein only days (ATTACK PHASE) you move onto the CRUISE PHASE where every second day you can have veggies (from a list free online).

I just couldnt sustain it . . . just cant live without fruit and veggies . . . so now I am doing Calorie Counting, based on more protein (to control my hunger) and less carbs!!!