Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Can I be a fatty?

Hello ladies,

I've only just spotted this bit of the forum, Can I be a fatty too? I've just started dieting on doctor's advice as I was starting to get hip problems (f ollowing skiing accident several years ago when I dislocated it). He said nothing to be done but you could do with losing some weight (a bit blunt I thought). However, I have been doing the Nerys and India idiot-proof diet since 1 January and have lost 3 kilos so far (which is pretty good I think). I'm still not 100% familiar with what I am "allowed" to eat and have made a couple of slip ups, but generally it seems okay in that I haven't been hungry, even if some of my meals have been very odd. A bit soon to recommend it but I'll see how it goes. Anyone else tried it?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes welcome

Of course you can join us

I have never tried the diets that you are on, what foods do you eat?

Good luck keep us up to date with how you go

Angel xx

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it's high protein, low carbohydrate basically. You can have any sort of meat or fish, eggs, cheese, cream, most veg but no fruit, sugar, bread, rice, cakes/biscuits, pasta or potatoes. It's going okay so far, though I have had some strange meals through not really planning and shopping ahead. The good things are that you don't have to buy any expensive special proprietary foods (though I think it has made my shopping more expensive) and the book is quite amusing to read = not at all a serious diet manual. The bad thing is that it is actually quite complicated - I was supposed to be on a slightly modified food list this week as its my third but I haven't had time to read it all and change my shopping list so I'm just doing week two again. But I have now lost 4KG since new years day so I think that's fine - only another 9kg to go until I reach the target my doctor recommended.

...and the other good things are that you can eat loads so don't get hungry, and you can have cheese whenever you like (my downfall!)
    Last edited by Mummits; 20-01-2012 at 11:21 AM.