More Jelly Wobble
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default More Jelly Wobble

I am mentally preparing myself for January 3rd - D day! I am going to weigh myself and start my diet. Last year I lost a lot of weight and became really fit. The highlight of my year was walking up Snowdon on a difficult path. It was beautiful day and the view was amazing, so I want to do it again this comming summer but it will be much harder if I don't lose the weight I have gained since September.

I am too frightened to go on the scales until D day but I was wearing size 14 jeans but am now back in my sixe 16 (have been size 18/20).I had loads of support from Marypoppins, Mama2three,Juggler and others last year and I hope I supported them too.

Once I have weighed myself I am going to work out mini goals, I know I have a dinner at the end of January so that will probably be my fist date to work towards. I am looking foward to hearing how everyone else is getting on in the Fatties of the Forum section, losing or maintaining weight. Any advice,tips and ideas will be very welcome.

Wish me lunch- oops I mean luck!

Love Jelly x
    Why hasn't Gary Barlow come to my rescue yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck again you did so well before I'm sure you will again

Well done on doing Snowden last year too.I'm impressed

I am planning to do it this year too if your interested?I'm planning a charity event,plus I want to get fit,plus it will be a personal achievement to do it with my leg,it will be the easier walk though,due to my health.

Some of my friends here are coming along too.

I'm planning on putting information up in the next few weeks so if you would like to join us it would be great,we could meet there?

If you have any tips on where to stay etc close to the walks that would be helpful too,or any other advice you could give?

I have a few friends who went last year but they took tents etc.Caroline from here also went but they stopped in b&b.

Hope you will join us,I will put info up soon

Angel xxx

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

If the dates are convienient and finances allowing (DH self employed builder and had to lay off staff, so things are a bit tight) Angel I would love to join you. We camped last summer at Betws Garmon www.northwalescamping.co.uk, and I would recommend it. I live in the South West of Wales and had never been to North Wales before . We walked up the Pyg track and back down the Miners track. The easiest (but that doesn't mean easy) is the Llanberis track which follows a similar route to the train.

A good website for info is www.walkupsnowdon.co.uk

jan 89
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

i wish you good luck on your diet and for a healthy 2012. i to really need to lose weight so will hopefully follow your progress and get inspiration from you

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

wishing you luck honey. we'll be with you all the way xx
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I weighed myself and I am back up to 14st 0.6lbs . I have only myself to blame . Still today has been ok DH has taken both DSs to the pub to have supper and watch footie there, so I can eat my poached egg on toast in peace and watch The Biggest Loser on TV at 9pm.

My mantra for this week is "The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first steps" Good luck to all who have started new years diets.

Love Jelly x

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm just watching that now

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Ten days into my diet and I haven't lost an pound and I know it is because I am not trying hard enough. I feel too tired to do much exercise and this is because I am carrying 4 stone too much around all day. God I need a kick up the bottom, please feel free to give me one.

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Right Missus , Im having a rubbish start to the New year food wise too , infact Ive put more on!
    We both know we can do it , and the highs we felt as it was coming off last summer. So...consider your bottom kicked and Ill stick out my increasingly ample one too...Im heading back to WW next wednesday and with the support on here we will both have the bodies want by the time its warm enough to show them!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Come on you can do it. Okay so maybe you haven't lost but if you are tired are you sure you are eating enough? If not your body isn't getting enough to make it work and you won't lose
    Debbie

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks ladies. Been out for a long hill walk today as the weather was cold and bright. Managed eight miles comfortably but will probably have sore legs in the morning. Feel better now I know the extra weight hasn't hindered my level of fitness but still loads of room to improve.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jelly15 View Post
    Thanks ladies. Been out for a long hill walk today as the weather was cold and bright. Managed eight miles comfortably but will probably have sore legs in the morning. Feel better now I know the extra weight hasn't hindered my level of fitness but still loads of room to improve.
    wow hon, that's amazing walking that far!.

I'm attaching the eating plan for the diet I started 18 months ago. It's really healthy, low carbs but not CUTTING food groups. It took me 2 months to hit target (wanted to lose 1/2 stone and lost a stone) and using it as a new way of eating I've maintained for over a year now after yo-yoing for nearly 9 years after having the kids

I feel fitter, have more energy and can eat treats/pig out at weekends and special occasions. I'm never hungry as you can eat loads. I cheated a bit, had wine and chocs even during the 30 days and still lost and I exercised twice a week (zumba). If you are short of time, he reckons it's better to go mad and do 10 mins of star jumps or push ups than to do an hour of slow, low impact exercise so put your tea on go mad for 10 mins and you are done and you burn fat for hours I have his exercsie plan too if you want to see it.

Give it a go - it's not for everyone I know but it worked well for me
    Attached Files Attached Files

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Juggler , might have a look at that too - Im definately finding maintainance harder than the original diet. Have lost 3 in the past 2 weeks though so back on track again . How arer you doing Jelly?