Slimming World Extra Easy - I'm just not getting it!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Slimming World Extra Easy - I'm just not getting it!

Help!

Have joined SW and thought I had the extra easy plan sussed. I understand that you can eat as much food as you want from the free lists and for meals that combine protein and carbohydrates (ie green and red days) you need to fill your plate with 1/3 of superfoods, so basically salad or veg. Great, got that.

However, just been looking at some recipes for extra easy and one of them is creamy carbonara. In this receipe there are no foods from the free list but you are combining meat with pasta so how can this recipe be an extra easy one? I know I could eat a bowl of salad with it so that solves the problem but I often eat salad for lunch so don't want it for dinner as well. Another example recipe is chicken tikka massala. Again you have your meat with rice but there are no veggies in the recipe. How would I go about getting 1/3 of superfree food into that meal?

I hope someone can help me out.

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I either add them to the meal or do roasted veg,salad or side veg .....you could add peas, sweetcorn,broccoli to carbonara to add bulk.....I lost 7lbs in week one so does work! lost 11lbs altogether,but been ill so haven't been for a while.good luck x

oct 07
    Post Thanks / Like

On extra easy most meat and friuit and veg is free.

If you have the tikka masala just do 2 portions of veg to go with it on the side.
    I just do extra easy all the time - red and green confuse me. If you've just started you are best to stick to extra easy

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm on SW and do lots of curries, i add onions, peppers and mushrooms to bulk it out.
    SW does work, i've lost 1stone 1 1/2 lbs in 11 weeks and that's not even following it completely (fish and chips once a week).

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roseolivia View Post
    I'm on SW and do lots of curries, i add onions, peppers and mushrooms to bulk it out.
    SW does work, i've lost 1stone 1 1/2 lbs in 11 weeks and that's not even following it completely (fish and chips once a week).
    This what I do too and just add veg or salad portions.

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I've lost 3 and a half stone at SW so it definately works! With meals such as the carbonara and curry if you look at the ingredients you will find they already have veg in them eg tinned tomatoes, onions, etc in the curry and if they don't then they usually say serve it with a salad or veg etc. I also would have a bit of fruit for pudding to make doubly sure I was having enough superfree foods.
    If you are cooking a SW recipe and following it exactly then don't worry, they've worked it all out for you. Most people can't believe how much they are allowed to eat when they start SW but that's the beauty of it, you should never feel hungry.
    Just always make sure you have 1/3 superfree foods at every meal as it's easy to leave off a side salad or extra veg but it's the important part of the plan.
    Enjoy!!

Non childminder member
    assistant
    Post Thanks / Like

usually add a huge salad to the side of extra easy meals.
    im prefering the red days at minute but try to have green days when its nearing star week as carbs help curb cravings for sweet stuff. also if your on red or green you can have extra 2 hex. so allowance 2 hea and 2 heb per day which suits me great i love weetabix breaky and usually allows a sarnie for lunch x