What is the best plan to follow?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What is the best plan to follow?

Hi everyone,

I really need to lose weight but don't know which is the best way to go. I have tried slimming world before and did ok for a while but then fell completly off the wagon. I know there is no quick fix solution to lose weight but would love to hear how some of you are managing to loose weight.

Kindest Regards
    Amanda xxx

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i have had great success with weight watchers online....no time to go to meetings. You can eat what you want as long as you dont go over your points for the day....in theory you could eat nothing but choc and still loose weight....you wont feel too good though!

I was a size 16 and now a size 12. I still want to loose a bit more but its stayed off.

have alook on the website and if you join give me a shout and i will add you as my buddy!!

mandy xxx
    The bats have left the bell tower.....

oct2004
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Done slimming world and I just ate and ate because I was alowed which really didn't imp helped my weight.
    Switched to WW and it's fab. I can have 29 poijnt plus another 49 to use in the week if I want and also most fruit and veg is free

Thee is usually voucher in the magazine

Good luck wioth your choice

Aug 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mandy, Thanks for the advice and welldone on your weight loss, that is fantastic and a real incentive. I have just joined online so fingers crossed I will get my head around it and start losing some weight. Did you mean add me as a buddy on here or can you do it through their website?

Now off to have a look around their website, starting to feel very excited about this new challenge.

Thanks again

Amanda xxx

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by amandajane08 View Post
    Hi Mandy, Thanks for the advice and welldone on your weight loss, that is fantastic and a real incentive. I have just joined online so fingers crossed I will get my head around it and start losing some weight. Did you mean add me as a buddy on here or can you do it through their website?

Now off to have a look around their website, starting to feel very excited about this new challenge.

Thanks again

Amanda xxx

look for me as mandymuck. I haven been on for ages and only went back on it just before xmas. i have couple of stones to get rid....which is a bit strange as i am a size 12 but obviously i have heavy fat!!!!!

mandy xxx
    The bats have left the bell tower.....

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I have lost 17lbs since Jan 10th by basically eating 1400 cals a day and walking briskly for an hour every day. I have recently started the couch to 5k running plan but am progressing slowly as I had a really hard to shift cold/cough.
    Why hasn't Gary Barlow come to my rescue yet?

mar09
    Post Thanks / Like

i registered my husband to a gym which has personnal trainers on site, so he goes and hey tell him what to do...like being at home ah ah ah ah he had a healthy menu to follow for 6weeks to kick start him he goes 3-4 times a weeks and he loves it. he lost nearly 3inches of waist, his moobs and 24lb in 1month.

don't take me wrong he was 17st stones so he can lose but now he's less than a stone away from his goalbefore they building him back up with mucles...yummy LOL

i do Zumba clases, 1 legs bums and tums and tonight i'm going to try body combat.
    i'm losing in inches but not in weight as i'm putting back mucle lol but i still eat stuff i shouldn't but i like it! LOl
    exercise is a great stress relief, i use to eat my worries now i dance them LOL

i have a really really busy life : 7-7 minding, 30min care visit 5night a week and sunday caring work BUT i force myself to get out of thedoor.

YES i sacrifice 1hour of my children's time BUt if i was home i wuld have just been shouting tired mum anyway!!!

all this ramble to say, yes of course to lose weight you need to keep check on your diet but it is really important to exercise. it does make you feel better and therefore you haven't got munchies LOL

and keep your belly in the most you can, especially while pushing buggy and you'll be impresse by the difference it makes in a couple of week!!

good luck.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parsleypetal View Post
    look for me as mandymuck. I haven been on for ages and only went back on it just before xmas. i have couple of stones to get rid....which is a bit strange as i am a size 12 but obviously i have heavy fat!!!!!

mandy xxx

same as me hon I was a size 12 but wanted to get to the lower end of my bmi which meant at least a stone and half. Amandajane if you can think about generally eating different as a lifestyle change (to extreme for a month then more loosely) Gym Junkies is great. Basically its a very low starch carb diet, with low dairy and v. low sugar, but you can eat pretty much anything else and are positively encouraged to eat loads of fruit and vegies. Basically, you get your all the carbs you need from eating the fruit and veg.

It's based on very natural foods (so nothing which has been 'put together'). You can cheat and have sensible alcohol amounts, chocolate, nuts and eat carbs with your meals every day if you want as long as it's within 45 mins of you exercising and no more than a fistful.

I lost a stone doing my own low carb diet, then did gym junkies and lost another stone and am now 2 sizes smaller.

It's an easy nutrition change to live with as you can eat loads which I love and now not lost since November but have kept it off. If you have a splurge weekend, you just knock the carbs on the head for a week and it comes back off.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

June 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been doing weight watchers for the last 8 weeks and to date have lost 20.5 lbs I do go to the gym as well (joined 3 weeks ago) at least 3 times a week and the other nights I use wii fit. I love weight watchers doesn't feel like a diet just understanding a lot more of what I am eating and no food is off limit, I did try sw in the past but found that I didn't re-educate myself re: portion control as I could eat and eat (free foods) I find I am defiantly on the right track and the fact it is easy to follow and I have 49 weekly points in case I do have a special occasion or whatever is a great back up to keep me on track
    Michelle x:current loss to date - 100lb clapping:

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

forgot to add, also do Zumba 2-3 times a week - that helps a lot.x

Aug 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all your replies, I think Zumba looks alot of fun i'll have to see if they have a class anywhere near me (I live in a small village on Dartmoor so have to travel to do everything) lol I also popped into the gym today and membership is really expensive so will have to save for that Still on the positive side lots of hills to go walking so that will get me into shape as long as i start eating a healthy diet. So here I go, full steam ahead.

Amanda xxx

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amandajane08 View Post
    Thanks for all your replies, I think Zumba looks alot of fun i'll have to see if they have a class anywhere near me (I live in a small village on Dartmoor so have to travel to do everything) lol I also popped into the gym today and membership is really expensive so will have to save for that Still on the positive side lots of hills to go walking so that will get me into shape as long as i start eating a healthy diet. So here I go, full steam ahead.

Amanda xxx
    there's quite a few people on here doing the couch to 5k which you just download so that would not be too expensive hon. good luck x