Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Slimming World help please!

I've been and joined Slimming World but am a little confused!

I've followed SW years ago and it was just Green and Original plans then which I had my head around but now there's this Supereasy plan!

Am I right in thinking you can have unlimited amounts of the foods listed on the orange pages which includes pasta, rice, potatoes and also meat?

If this is the case I'm liking the look of that but how do you lose weight because it seems to be a combination of the green and original plans? Those plans as far as I can see are about not mixing the food groups too much (ie carbohydrates and meat) so I could see how it would work but on this supereasy plan it seems you can have what you like (within reason!)

If I'm understanding that correctly it doesn't seem to be very different from the way I've been eating before (except for the chocolate and picking inbetween meals!), so am I likely to lose weight following Supereasy or should I stick to Green which is what I mainly did before?

Also, are Mullerlight yogurts free and can you eat them whenever you want?

Thanks for any help I get!
    Cazz x

Sept 06
    Post Thanks / Like

extra easy is FAB I have lost 1 and half stone on it! You are right everything that is free on green and everything that is free on red is also free on extra easy.

You lose weight because your healthy extras are reduced. You are only allowed one fibre healthy extra so 28g of cereal or 2 slices of bread etc. whereas you could have 2 on the old plan.

I stuck to 10 sins or less

Look for the SS signs in your book - those foods help you lose quicker and fill you up.

Most Muller lights are free and you can eat as many as you like but SOME flavours have sins - I think one is the cherry/chocolate one and the cheesecake ones. Have a look on line!

Nov 09
    Post Thanks / Like

yes you can.....i have lost 8.5lbs in 2 weeks

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes it's fab I've lost 3 and a half stone so far. Yes you can eat as much of the rice/ potatoes/ pasta and lean meat etc (as long as they are on your 'free' pages) BUT you must have one third of superfree food (ie veg/fruit) on your plate. Where it goes wrong for some people is that they will have a jacket potato with baked beans for example, but forget (or can't be bothered!) to have the third of a plate of salad to go with it. It is such a generous plan that if you go slightly off it you will not lose as much as you want. You must also measure your healthy extras as it's so easy to over estimate how much you are allowed! The same with syns - never guess because it's guaranteed it will be more than you think!
    My top tip is to do a food diary as it really makes you think about what you are eating and keeps track of the syns.
    Most people can't believe how much I am allowed to eat on the plan
    Good luck it really works!! x

Oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've lost 2st, dd 2 1/2st and OH 4st on extra easy since late august.......it's brilliant

Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah extra easy is fab!! its the one a and one b only ( equivalent of about 12 syns saving each day)

the free red and free green foods are all low fat and so are still healthy and as you say, cut out the junk, fill up on healthy stuff and the weight will come off.

Ive lost nearly 4 st doing extra easy ( but I took the long route as I like my syns too much! lol )

its brill. love SW !

good luck xx

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I follow extra easy, i've just joined again after the new year and have lost 6lb in 2weeks which is good as when i was on it before i fell pregnant it took a year to lose 1 stone. I'm hoping to lose 1lb this week to get my half stone award. I'm not a big fan of salads so when eating an evening meal i make sure i put loads of peppers, mushrooms and onions in.