Slimming World, Weighwatchers or Rosemary Conley?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Slimming World, Weighwatchers or Rosemary Conley?

Right this is the year that I WILL lose weight!!

As much as I don't really have the spare cash (or enjoy it!) I need to go somewhere each week and get weighed, otherwise I "cheat" and the diet falls by the wayside!

I'm just undecided which diet class to go to and would appreciate some opinion out of the three mentioned above.

I was thinking Slimming World as it suited me to do the green days when I did that diet years ago, but I don't know if it's all changed now?

Then someone told me the other day that the new Weightwatchers diet is really good and it's boosted her weight loss again. I've done weightwatchers before and have to say it made me feel like I was depriving myself and I was often hungry.

Or, there's a new Rosemary Conley class started up in my town that I would be able to go to. I've done that one before as well and although I wasn't so keen on the diet (I think it was not eating anything more than 4% fat?), I did enjoy the exercise session at each class!

Any opinions would be much appreciated!
    Cazz x

Nov 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Slimming World, Weighwatchers or Rosemary Conley?

I am going to WW tomorrow - will report back on pro-points!
    Blaze x

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

hon, think you gotta do a diet where you can follow the nutrition plan and enjoy the food you eat so if you found RC hard with the % rule you might be setting yourself up with barriers.

I'd go with one of the others then find a fun exercise class to join. You tried zumba yet!? recommend it
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Why not do a combination approach?

Rosemary Conley DVD which you can do at home a couple of times a week... an aerobics or similar group once a week and a diet like Slimming World where you can eat as much as you are hungry of good foods and just a few bad ones so you don't feel deprived.

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Why not do a combination approach?

Rosemary Conley DVD which you can do at home a couple of times a week... an aerobics or similar group once a week and a diet like Slimming World where you can eat as much as you are hungry of good foods and just a few bad ones so you don't feel deprived.

i am going to start SW again this week, joining on thursday as i also need a class to go to.
    I am going to look at a few exercise dvds too although knowing me i will do them once and never again.
    I love the gym but the leisure centre one is so full of vain body builders that it's hard to get a machine sometimes

Sept 06
    Post Thanks / Like

I have lost 1 and half stone with SW. I have done WW in past but I was really hungry. SW has really made me feel in control.

They do a new extra easy plan now much better than red or green! Why not go on the websites then you can download a free weeks plan.

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have done all three and to be honest they all work if YOU work it I didn't particualrly like RC, found it too restrictive. WW works well but I didn't like our local class leader I have been with SW since last April, The weight is coming off slowly which is fine, the diet isn't a diet New extra easy plan is just as it says and you can interchange it with the old red and green days, but they are having better weight losses and people sticking with it with extra easy. To me now it has got to be which fits into your lifestyle and you can continue with so you don't pile it back on again. SW and WW allows you to eat everything in moderation which is the key. I only put on 2lb over Christmas and I will have lost that by the end of the week and hopefully abit more

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just started the new WW plan and think it's much better than the old one. You're not so restricted on points and fruit is now point free, so you can fill up on it without having to count the points.
    I lost almost 3st on the old system, but I did feel hungry and the weight soon went back on when I stopped counting points. I think this new system is much more realistsic.

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I lost 2 stone with slimming world last year, never felt hungry. You do have to like cooking though I think to really make it work. Their cakes and brownies were really yummy!

Good luck what ever you decide hun!
    Sam xxx

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SamBaker View Post
    I lost 2 stone with slimming world last year, never felt hungry. You do have to like cooking though I think to really make it work. Their cakes and brownies were really yummy!

I agree I have rekindled my love food and cooking since joining SW
    some of the recipes in the SW magazine are bril and so adaptable.

ReReg10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD :)
    Post Thanks / Like

im with WW propoints, apparently its just like sw (a friend uses SW and the leaders were moaning about WW copying them ) .....anyhoooo it works!

i dont use the WW groups as i cant afford it & have no time or childcare but i use ww online & lost 7lb last week, i still had 2 takeaways & had 'normal' meals, i love my food & cant beleive how easy i have found it.

i dont think i could do a max % fat diet, that just about rules out any treats which is a big fat NO-NO in my opinion!
    What a crock!!!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SamBaker View Post

I'm married to a chef who says he will help and support me so that shouldn't be a problem!

Also, my 13 year old son is a bit overweight so it sounds like slimming world will be a good one because we can just cook the meals for the whole family (and mindees!).

My son will love the idea of still being able to have brownies as well - they're one of his favourites!

Right - I think I'm going to join Slimming World, especially if it's even better than it was before.

I'm also going to take Sarah's suggestion and do some exercise seperately (that's what my dh keeps telling me I need to do - we don't actually eat unhealthy foods, it's my picking and lack of exercise that's the problem ). I think I'll get myself back into the Wii fit - just got to make time!

Thanks for all your help and suggestions and good luck to everyone else who is trying to lose weight x
    Cazz x

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Louise0208 View Post
    im with WW propoints, apparently its just like sw (a friend uses SW and the leaders were moaning about WW copying them ) .....anyhoooo it works!

i dont use the WW groups as i cant afford it & have no time or childcare but i use ww online & lost 7lb last week, i still had 2 takeaways & had 'normal' meals, i love my food & cant beleive how easy i have found it.

i dont think i could do a max % fat diet, that just about rules out any treats which is a big fat NO-NO in my opinion!
    How do you stop yourself from cheating if you do it online though?

I'm not disciplined enough - I need someone to give me a disapproving look if I put some weight on!
    Cazz x

ReReg10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont know to be honest, i thought i would cheat aswell but iv not needed to lol.....Yet
    What a crock!!!

sept 20
    Post Thanks / Like

I've decided I'm going to join Slimming World and am going to the first meeting tonight! (dreading it!)

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joda View Post
    I've decided I'm going to join Slimming World and am going to the first meeting tonight! (dreading it!)
    Could you report back on here later and let me know what you think of the diet etc?

My local meeting is tomorrow night so I'm gearing myself up to go then!

I wish I had someone to go with me though - I've always found a bit of healthy competition helps me to stick to it!
    Cazz x

ReReg10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Post Thanks / Like

good luck
    What a crock!!!

Jan 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Started WW again last week, and first weigh in is on Thursday so I will let you know how I get on. Keep your fingers crossed x

Dec 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have tried both slimming world and weight watchers. From my personal point of view I preferred S. world because I felt I could eat normally and never felt hungry. I lost 2 stone last year on it. With ww I ate a lot of their ready meals from supermarkets so I could easily count the points. However as soon as I started back on 'proper' meals I put the weight back on. However my sister in law has lost 4 stone at ww. Not really helping here am I lol. Slimming world worked best for me. Good luck.xx
    Julie X X

May 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I signed up to WW on Sunday and it's great! You get points and spend them however you want. Fruit and Veg is free so if you're hungry you can eat those. I struggle to use up all my points so am never hungry and I've had sweets and cake, just not as much as before.

I do it online because I wouldn't like going to a group. There are forums and things, if you go into them and chat then you wont cheat because you want to be able to go on there and brag about your weight loss also, if you really want to lose weight you wont cheat

My partners mum goes to SW and says WW have copied them
    JoJo x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast