Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Inspiration and encouragement please

Hi everyone

This is my first post on this area after failing to lose weight last year I am really low and need some support to help me get through I weigh a whooping 13st 10lb now and at 5ft am classed as obese. I tried ww but just does not work for me don’t know why tried for 7 months last year only to lose a max 7lb even my leader could not understand why was doing everything to a T as they say. and have been a lot more active. All support will be appreciated taking the plunge on Monday this will give me a chance to try and come up with some healthy meal options that won’t break the bank and all family can eat Ideas on this would be good to .

sorry to ramble on and thanks

Michelle

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Inspiration and encouragement please

The best way to lose weight is to make changes... change what you eat, how you view food, when you eat and why.

If you can do that and throw in some exercise you will get where you want to be!

Nov 09
    Post Thanks / Like

heh I know how you feel.....I joined Slimming world last night as so low about my weight and I am really focused now.....take it day by day...good luck x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi over the years I’ve tried lots of different diets, but the basic rule is eat less and make healthy choose in what you eat do a little exercise. I’m trying the Tesco diet at moment good luck we are here to support you.

Dawn x

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

hi hon, you can do it. you've gotta find the foods you really love to eat AND that are helathy then experiment with them in different meals/snacks. As Sarah says change the way you see food and what you NEED to enjoy food.

Def. find an exercise/fun activity that you enjoy, pref. with a friend and encourage each other to go. Exercise makes a huge diff. even if it's once a week. With most exercise if it's even a little bit strenuous you continue to burn cals/fat for 24 hours afterwards.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

ReReg10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD :)
    Post Thanks / Like

if you have been strict with WW for 7 months & only lost 7lb then something is a-miss

have you been tested for an underactive thyroid? or seen the doctor as to why you cant loose weight....that would be my first port of call

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck, you can do it

I'm following Tesco diets and its fab, and does family friendly meals too which dont break the bank. I did it a year or so ago and lost 21lb but have put 9 back on some am back to it to try to get it down again.

If you want a plan to follow (I know having the discipline works best for me) then I highly recommend it