Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Dee's Cambridge Diary

Well done Dee that's so amazing. I can't even stick to eating a little less let alone eating nothing

I'm so pleased for you, keep up the good work

Dec 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done Dee!!

Keep it up!!

I bet the quick results help a lot with sticking to it too doesnt it!! I am so tempted to try it but am so rubbish at sticking to things I bet I would be wasting my money!!

SO proud of your acheivement so far.. keep it up!!

xx
    Big banana hugs from me!

xxx

May 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Grade 5
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats fantastic Dee - well done you. I wish I had your will power.

Emler x

Nov 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow thats amazing Dee xx

Do you feel different in yourself, are your clothes loser ? x

30 Oct
    Post Thanks / Like

well done Dee that's brilliant!

Post Thanks / Like

OMG Dee that is brilliant

Well done you

Angel xx

Nov 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done Dee!
    Tasha

July 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Dee that is fantastic.

Keep it up you are doing so well

Really proud of you

Carol xx

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

That's amazing!

I e-mailed my local adviser, toldher how much I had to lose and she said that she could work out a plan to suit me but I said I was worried about buying the products and not being able to bear the taste - I'm very picky! She said that if I let her know I could just buy 2 or 3 packets to see what I thought so I may give it a go next week. Trouble is I daren't mention it to Darren at the moment because he'll go mad!

What do you think are the best, most normal flavoured products Dee?

Apr 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you ladies.

Have to admit that it is getting easier now and thinking about food less and less. I can now even cook dinner everynight for everyone and sit at that table with them chatting whilst they eat.

When I first started the smell of food drove me mad.

My test of willpower will be put to test this evening though as I am out on a course all day today so told them they could have take away curry for dinner as didn't fancy cooking when I got home.

I absolutely love curry!!!!

Lorri

Stay away from the soups.......have to say they are the most disgusting thing I have ever tasted in my life!

I have listed some of the flavours of shakes they do - I have listed them in order of preference so the top one is my favourite and so on.

Chocolate
    Fruits of the forest
    Strawberry
    Chocolate mint
    Butterscotch
    Banana
    Chocolate orange
    Vanilla
    Cappacino
    Toffee & Walnut

I really like the top 3 and have those flavours most of the time.

When you mix them you have to be careful as they can come out powdery.....

so I have a big tupperware flask/container which I shake up the water and powder.

I then blend it with a hand held Braun food mixer (with whisk attachment) until well mixed and smooth.

Then I pour it into a glass through a tea strainer......

I am just being picky here but even if you blend it you still end up with a few very small lumps......I don't do lumps I am afraid .....if I drank them they would make me heave hence the reason I strain it.

Once I have done all this I have a lovely well blended and smooth shake

I hope this helps.

I would definately suggest trying a couple of the sachets to check and make sure you can drink them before committing to it and spending the £35 per week!
    Dee
    Independent Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Life may not be the party we hoped for.......but while we're here we should dance!

May 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you think this diet has changed from about 15 years ago Dee? I did it then for 1 week - had terrible headaches and other side effects but stuck to it except for 1 night I had a piece of steamed white fish, which the councellor had told me I could if I was really starving. After a week I had put on half a pound, which I presume was water retention. The councellor was horrible telling me there was no way I had done it properly and I burst into tears and it put me off. Thinking back I cant remember being told to drink loads of water, which we all know now helps so much.
    Annie x

Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to say well done Dee and keep going

miffy xx

Apr 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by annie337 View Post
    Do you think this diet has changed from about 15 years ago Dee? I did it then for 1 week - had terrible headaches and other side effects but stuck to it except for 1 night I had a piece of steamed white fish, which the councellor had told me I could if I was really starving. After a week I had put on half a pound, which I presume was water retention. The councellor was horrible telling me there was no way I had done it properly and I burst into tears and it put me off. Thinking back I cant remember being told to drink loads of water, which we all know now helps so much.
    I think it has definately changed since then!

The counsellor has told me that it has evolved and changed from years ago and is much better today!

I think you will still have a terrible headache between day 2-4.I know I did I also ended up with the shakes too but then i think some of that was caffeine withdrawal. I did have take quite a few paracetamol during those days but began to feel much better on day 4.

There are a few unpleasant side effects to this diet though that I think anyone who is thinking about doing it should know.....

Firstly .......Because you are on such a low calorie intake and having very few carbahydrates it forces your body into a state which is called Ketosis. When the body is in Ketosis it forces it to burn it's fat stores for fuel.

Unfortunately this causes bad breathe You are not allowed to chew chewing gum so I often brush my teeth 4-5 times a day (definately before I go out!). I also carry a fresh breathe spray that I use if I start to feel uncomfortable!

Secondly......I don't want to go into too much graphic detail but I am having trouble with bowel movements! The is not much going in so very little coming out and what is coming out has become an effort so now having to add a fibre powder to the shake so that I can go!

I defiantely think water is the key....I genuinely do not feel hungry but then if you are drinking the levels of water you should be then it will be filling your stomach up. Also drinking the water also swills the mouth out and helps to reduce the smell of the Ketosis.

For a woman under 5' 8" they recommend having 3 packs a day but if you become really hungry then you can always add a fourth one without it causing problems. Each pack is about 167 calories each.

In my first week I bought enough for 4 packs a day as I was worried that I would be hungry but I have found that 3 packs is more than enough and have never had the 4th....now I just buy enough for 3 packs a day and have left the extra's in reserve just in case!

I won't lie to you - I do sometimes have a battle inside my head as I fancy eating food but then I think that you have that no matter what diet you do.

I hope all this helps
    Dee

Life may not be the party we hoped for.......but while we're here we should dance!

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Dee for taking the time to type all of that information, it's definitely helpful.

I was just wondering if they do bars for snacks? He he! I'm thinking of snacking already!!!!

Just 3 x 167 calories a day seems very little!

May 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I may keep this in reserve. If it gets to 6 weeks before my holiday and I am nowhere near getting back in last summers clothes I will have a rethink. Thank you Dee.
    Annie x

Apr 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lorri View Post
    Thank you Dee for taking the time to type all of that information, it's definitely helpful.

I was just wondering if they do bars for snacks? He he! I'm thinking of snacking already!!!!

Just 3 x 167 calories a day seems very little!
    Hi Lorri

Yes they do sell bars also but they wouldn't be for snacking!

One bar would replace one meal pack......so instead of 3 meal packs you could have 3 bars in one day instead.

Haven't tried the bars so don't know what they are like.......I am not sure how filling they would be as they are only the size of a normal low calorie snack bar iyswim!

Yes the calories are low but the 3 packs a day supply's you with all at least 100% of the minerals and vitamins that your body needs so only cutting down the calorific intake.

As it is classed as a Very Low Calorie Diet (VLCD) it has to be done under medical supervision. You will be given a form to take to the doctor to read and sign before you can start.
    Dee

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh! She hasn't mentioned that bit!

I will let you know how I go if I take the plunge! Just getting the courage up to mention it to Darren!

Nov 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you're doing fantastic Dee x are your clothes getting looser ?

Apr 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cheryl1 View Post
    I think you're doing fantastic Dee x are your clothes getting looser ?
    Thank you cheryl.

yes they are getting looser....I have noticed my trousers getting baggy around the bum and legs so will have to switch to a smaller size.

During the week I wear T shirts mostly and have noticed that they are also getting too big and will have to wear a smaller size too.

Lucky enough I have a wide rang of clothes in different sizes in my wardrobe so it shouldn't end up costing me a fortune
    Dee

Nov 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

So pleased you are noticing a difference Dee, keep us posted xx I really am going to have to try this xx

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast