Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Question for anyone following Slimming World

Is there an easy way of finding out how many sins I would be allowed?

I would like to do this diet but can't really afford the money or time at the moment to go to a class.

I know the principles of Slimming World as I've followed it in the past - I've found my food directory so I can look up sins etc.

Can anyone help or would I have to join again?
    Cazz x

jun 79
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstandingb
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Question for anyone following Slimming World

Hi , We were told you can have between 1 - 10 syns per day, its entirely up to you how many you use , to be honest i hardly use any , but its a good buffer if you are going out for example and know you are going to have some "extras"

Have you seen the new "Extra Easy Plan" really simple to follow and you can eat so much that you don't always need syns .

Good luck !!
    Sue x

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sue

I had it in my head that it worked along the lines of weightwatchers - it depends how overweight you are as to how many syns you can have and as you lose weight you decrease them?

I'm not talking about eating loads of chocolate etc - it's for example if you're having a green day and want some meat how many syns can you allow?

I've heard that there's an easy plan but I'd have to go along to a class to get all the details - I want to see if I can do it at home first.
    Cazz x

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

SW recommend between 5 and 15 syns per day regardless of your starting weight. If you want to eat meat on a green day it can be a healthy extra rather than syns. However, with the Extra Easy plan you can eat all foods that are free on red and green days together as long as you only eat one healthy a and one healthy b per day.
    Grindal

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    CC 4's & 5's
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never been to a class but was advices to not go over 10 - obviously the less syns you have the more weight loss you can achieve. But I usually have between 8-10 a day.
    Me x

July 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive been going to SW for a while now, syns (aka synergy) they help to bind the whole food optimising plan and allow you to have your little treats, you must never go below 5 syns a day (but you can have 15 if you want to) or youre not having a balanced diet, the idea of slimming world is that you fill up on free food and super free food, then add in healthy A choices which are your dairy and healthy B choices which are your fibre, then you have syns on top so that you are not missing out and still having essential fats

Im veggie so always do green days, I always have cheese and milk every day and between 10-15 syns, I still drink a little wine and eat a little chocolate and the other week lost 4 1/2 lbs
    Louise x
    I believe in dragons, fairies, good men and other mythical creatures!

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD :)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LittleAcorns View Post
    Ive been going to SW for a while now, syns (aka synergy) they help to bind the whole food optimising plan and allow you to have your little treats, you must never go below 5 syns a day (but you can have 15 if you want to) or youre not having a balanced diet, the idea of slimming world is that you fill up on free food and super free food, then add in healthy A choices which are your dairy and healthy B choices which are your fibre, then you have syns on top so that you are not missing out and still having essential fats

Im veggie so always do green days, I always have cheese and milk every day and between 10-15 syns, I still drink a little wine and eat a little chocolate and the other week lost 4 1/2 lbs
    I do SW - I was told I could have upto 15 syns a day, but generally upto 10 was better. My consultant, when started was actually allowed upto 30 syns a day due to their weight, but generally 15 syns a day is the average.

I personally hardly ever use syns & I am having great weight loss. My consultant is happy with my eating plan as I fill in food diaries & is also happy that I am eating a balanced diet, so not sure why you should never go under 5???

If your having meat on green days, then use the meat as a healthy extra option B, that way you'll not be using syns.

You can get loads of different books from the groups now to - loads of recipie books that show the syn values for which ever day your on, maybe look on the internet (ebay or somewhere) & see if you can get some of them. There not to much either & I have found they help loads as I generally cook something from them every day for our evening meals.
    Katickles

July 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by katickles View Post
    I do SW - I was told I could have upto 15 syns a day, but generally upto 10 was better. My consultant, when started was actually allowed upto 30 syns a day due to their weight, but generally 15 syns a day is the average.

I personally hardly ever use syns & I am having great weight loss. My consultant is happy with my eating plan as I fill in food diaries & is also happy that I am eating a balanced diet, so not sure why you should never go under 5???

If your having meat on green days, then use the meat as a healthy extra option B, that way you'll not be using syns.

You can get loads of different books from the groups now to - loads of recipie books that show the syn values for which ever day your on, maybe look on the internet (ebay or somewhere) & see if you can get some of them. There not to much either & I have found they help loads as I generally cook something from them every day for our evening meals.
    It seems there are slight differences in what consultants tell us I've had 2 consultants now and there have been differences

Im guessing that shes told us not to go under 5 as we are allowed so may aswell have them and would probably get a faster weight loss the fewer we have but the steadier we loose weight the more likely it is to stay put

I also personally think its what works for you, some people who include white bread in their plan have poorer weight losses, I have good weight losses if I eat bread
    Louise x

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD :)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LittleAcorns View Post
    It seems there are slight differences in what consultants tell us I've had 2 consultants now and there have been differences

Im guessing that shes told us not to go under 5 as we are allowed so may aswell have them and would probably get a faster weight loss the fewer we have but the steadier we loose weight the more likely it is to stay put

I also personally think its what works for you, some people who include white bread in their plan have poorer weight losses, I have good weight losses if I eat bread
    Ohhhhhhh I darn't eat bread in case I gain weight!!!

I agree - we're all told slightly different. And your right - its what works & suits you isn't it. Have you doen ok on the extra easy? I personally haven't tried it at all as its really gets mixed results at our group. I find red days work best for me, but I do tend to have 1/2 green a week to.
    Katickles

July 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by katickles View Post
    Ohhhhhhh I darn't eat bread in case I gain weight!!!

I agree - we're all told slightly different. And your right - its what works & suits you isn't it. Have you doen ok on the extra easy? I personally haven't tried it at all as its really gets mixed results at our group. I find red days work best for me, but I do tend to have 1/2 green a week to.
    Im veggie so just do green, and the same for extra easy, some members do amazing others really struggle

How much have you lost so far?
    Louise x